Kisii University is a university located in Kisii. It was founded in 1965 as a primary teachers’ training college on a 61-acre land that was donated by the County Council of Gusii.
Reports to the Vice Chancellor and functionally to the Audit and Governance Committee of the Council.
• PhD degree in relevant field with 3 years academic and professional experience.
• Masters degree in a business field with 7 years academic and professional experience.
• Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Accounting Option)
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant (K)
• Must be a Certified Information Systems Auditor (LISA)
• Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Computer literacy
• Good communication skills
• Must adhere to Chapter six (6) of the Constitution (EACC Clearance, Certificate of Good Conduct, KRA, HELB and CRB)
• Experience In the Public Sector Institutions is an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for formulation, co-ordination and implementation of all audit policies
• Design, implement, co-ordinate and review Internal audit control systems
• Responsible for developing and implementing audit work plan
• Serve as a secretary to the Audit, Governance and Risk Management Council Committee
• Any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
An attractive salary and house allowance among other allowances will be paid.
Applicants must hand deliver ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age. educational, and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant's telephone number and email address and enclosing copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant's competence and area of specialization accompanied with curriculum vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned.
Applicants with foreign certificates must submit a letter of recognition from the Commission of University Education.
Applications and information from referees should reach the undersigned not later than 14th July 2017.
The Vice Chancellor
P.0 Box 408-40200,
Kisil University Is on equal opportunity employer. People living with disability and women are encouraged to apply.