If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adeso is a humanitarian and development organization that is changing the way people think about and deliver aid in Africa. We are an NGO in Africa working in a very different way than most. We believe that development must come from within, not outside African communities. That it is Africans themselves who must determine Africa’s future, and that while international aid has provided much-needed support, it often falls short of enabling lasting change at grassroots level. We want to change this, and our strong bonds with African communities mean we are uniquely placed to do so. Our mission is to work at the roots of communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Working alongside African communities to co-create a new story for Africa-a future that is shaped by their values, powered by their own resourcefulness and built on their capabilities.
Program Manager Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree relevant to Humanitarian Aid e.g. International Relations, Development Studies, Social Sciences etc.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in government organizations and INGOs both at managerial and technical level, preferably related to Programming in the South
- Demonstrated experience in designing, managing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs and projects (program management)
- Demonstrated ability in assessing, documenting and disseminating lessons learnt.
- Experience in advocacy, partnership and networking at national and international levels
- Computer literate (MS word, Excel, Power Point and statistical packages)
- Fluent in oral and written English and another language (French or Spanish preferred)
- A deep, broad knowledge of development with a strong background in establishing and developing relationships with key contacts in national government and foreign governments, foundations, corporations and related international development entities.
- Prior success in developing and implementing innovative and creative strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with staff, donors and senior leaders; must have strong written, oral, and listening skills.
- Proficient at crafting grant applications and proposals, as well as managing the grant writing process.
- Ability to convey complex ideas effectively and in a compelling manner to external audiences.
- Exceptional organization, analytical, strategic planning, and research skills.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively and thoughtfully across the organization and as part of a committed, integrated team.
Method of Application
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com quoting “Program Manager, NEAR” in the email subject matter, by 14th July, 2017.
Each application should be addressed to HR Manager and include the following: An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and An application letter which should include cover letter, previous remuneration history and expected remuneration and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The NEAR Network is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one’s background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.