Indigenous Kenyans were barred by law from growing tea until the dawn of independence when the legislation was repealed for the indigenous people to commence on tea growing. In 1960, the colonial government created the Special Crops Development Authority (SCDA) to promote growing of tea by Africans under the auspices of the ministry of Agriculture. After Independence , Kenya Tea Development Authority was formed through legal notice No.42 of 1964 and took over the liabilities and functions of the SCDA to promote and foster the growing of tea in small farms, which were previously said to be unviable in view of the expertise and costs required, as witnessed in the plantation sector. Since then the growing of tea by the small-scale sub-sector in Kenya has carved a niche for itself in the global tea trade. Kenya Tea Development Agency Limited was incorporated on 15th June 2000 as a private company under (CAP 486) of the laws of Kenya, becoming one of the largest private tea management agencies. The Agency currently manages 67 factories in the small-scale tea sub-sector in Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Auditor, the successful candidate will be responsible for executing the Regional audit plan by carrying out audit procedures.
Responsibilities for the Regional Auditor Job
- Carrying out planned audits as per department’s policies, procedures and best practices;
- Discussing audit findings with the respective factory managers and recommending corrective actions / control enhancements where necessary;
- Compiling draft reports;
- Performing postaudit followup after submission of reports to determine extent of implementation of audit recommendations;
- Presenting audit findings to supervisor for escalation;
- Discussing audit follow reports with Regional management/Head of Departments on any pending audit recommendation;
- Resolving problems and issues (conflict) from audits that have major impact;
- Researching on best practices & emerging issues;
- Participating in developing risk based audit plans;
- Carrying out investigative and adhoc audit assignments;
- Ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation;
- Completing audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings on weekly reports.
- Liaising with external auditors and sharing reports
Qualifications for the Regional Auditor Job
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting or related field;
- Qualifications in CPA – (K) or ACCA;
- Must be a member of ICPAK
- A minimum of Four (4) years of audit experience with at least 1 year experience in an audit firm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience with SAP ERP is an added advantage
- High level of integrity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Tea Development Agency (MS) Ltd career website on www.ktdateas.com to apply