HORIZONT3000 is the largest Austrian non-government development cooperation organisation. With our work, we help disadvantaged people in the Global South to develop in a sustainable and humane way.
He/She assists the Regional Director East Africa and supports to successful project implementation in cooperation with the team for Technical Assistance Programme and Finance Projects. The project interventions encompass the areas of rural development, natural resource management and human rights / civil society and climatic change in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. The Assistant reports to the Regional Director.
Duties for the Programme Assistant Job
- General administrative support to Regional Office in Kampala
- Ensure adherence to project contracts and reporting deadlines; compliance management
- Support preparation of trainings, workshops, Sharing Events, exposure visits and team meetings
- Ensure that all trainings, workshops, Sharing Events and team meetings from HORIZONT3000 in East Africa are well documented and saved as hard and soft copies
- Support budget planning and accountability for trainings, workshops, sharing events and team meetings
- Regularly assess the filing structure of TA – Programme and Finance Projects and ensure completeness and filing of relevant documents
Programme Assistant Job Qualifications
- Excellent English writing skills and good command of Kiswahili
- Work experience in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda (at least in two countries)
- 3 years practical experience as Assistant in administration including basic financial management, office management, compliance management
- Operational experience in development co-operation, preferably in an (international) NGO
- Ideally profound knowledge in rural development, natural resource management or human rights / civil society (at least one filed)
- Very good practical knowledge of MS-Office programmes
- Well organised, result-oriented and very good analytical skills
strong team player
- Strong communicational and organisational skills and interested to work in an international team
- High degree of self-initiative and self-motivated nature
- Willingness and motivation to learn (project management, knowledge management, etc.)
- Competences in the following fields will count as an additional value:
Method of Application
Send your typed application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates and three personal references with contacts by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org until July 9th 2017.