St. Francis Community Hospital is a Faith Based Hospital which was officially opened in January 24, 2009. It is located along Kasarani-Mwiki Road, Nairobi. It is neat, efficient, affordable and patient-friendly. It is run by the Little Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi under the Archdiocese of Nairobi. The hospital has partnered with many organizations in promoting effective and efficient quality health care services. The hospital neighborhood is surrounded by a population of over 400,000 persons who are mainly living in slums and of very low income earning.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Valid Practicing license
- Two years experience in a similar / related role, preferably working in a Hospital
- Review prescriptions to ensure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Provide information and advice to patients regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Assess the identity, strength, or purity of medications
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, inventories, control records for narcotics, or controlled drugs.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or oversee these activities
- Plan, implement, or maintain procedures for packaging, or labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Train pharmacy students serving as interns in preparation for their graduation or licensure
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands or healthcare supplies.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, or evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs or drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications or characteristics.
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly
Method of Application
All interested candidates are requested to read the attached job description and send their application to email@example.com by Friday, 7th July 2017.
Male candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please mark the job title as your subject on the application letter and attach detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating your current and expected pay.