Base Titanium Limited
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Australian and UK-listed resources company, Base Resources Limited (ASX and AIM: BSE). Its flagship development is the Kwale Mineral Sands Project in Kwale County, 50km south of Mombasa. Base is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya since 1911 and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful development of the project.
Roles for the Electrical Supervisor Job
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Leading a maintenance team to ensure proper maintenance of equipment & compliance with relevant electrical codes and safety regulations
- Promoting a safe work environment
- Improving team maintenance efficiency and effectiveness
- Scheduling routine inspections and tests of all electrical machinery, earthing systems, apparatus and cables including overhead & underground HV and LV power lines
- Supervising all work carried out in accordance with relevant statutory regulations
- Eliminating downtime due to breakdown maintenance
- Leading, training and coaching the team in support of employee development
- Facilitating and planning for skills transfer to the team in line with Base succession plan
Electrical Supervisor Job Requirements
- A Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of eight years post-training engineering experience
- Been employed as a supervisor for a minimum of five years
- Detailed knowledge of electrical isolation, lock out tag out and safe work procedures
- Good knowledge of management systems.
- A demonstrable and good understanding of disciplinary systems.
- Extensive knowledge of the applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- A passion for leading and developing team members.
- A commendable electrical background (include contacts of three references)
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade
- Competence in spoken and written English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Being conversant in Instrumentation and Control Systems will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
While this position will be filled with a person with sound electrical knowledge and experience, the successful candidate must be a team member, understand management systems and able to lead a team with direction and authority.
Shortlisted candidates are encouraged to bring examples of management systems they have implemented and/or maintained.
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply to the Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent online athttp://www.teamiq.com/BaseTitanium/2704 by no later than 15th July 2017.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to complete a practical and written assessment and also attend an oral interview. Applicants who have previously applied need NOT apply again
Interested and qualified? Go to Base Titanium Limited career website on www.teamiq.com to apply