Business Development Manager Africa at H.B.Fuller
Posted on: 5 July, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at H.B. Fuller
H.B. Fuller Company is a major American adhesives manufacturing company supplying industrial adhesives worldwide.
The BD Manager position is expected to grow and retain HB Fuller's market share and customer base in key market segments while achieving profit sales targets. The Account Manager is expected to:
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate and influence at all levels;
- Technically competent and independently able to manage demonstrations and technical problem-solving;
- Focused on growth (larger opportunities), and optimizing price and profitability;
- Accountable for delivering results; and
- Ability to train & mentor entry / new sales roles
- Accountability for results
- Customer focused – creating value
- Demonstrates functional excellence
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Embraces change and innovation
- Key Metric Options (agreed annually)
- Territory Sales Plan
- Contribution Margin
- Win / Loss Ratio
- Training hours on knowledge & skills per quarter
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR RESULTS
- Sales & BD Manager is accountable for delivering annual business results, aligned with business plan, sales, CM and volume
- Growth – focuses effort on delivering growth and maintains existing business to deliver plan
- Negotiates pricing and margin (aligned with the business) using value selling and the flip pricing tool to capture the optimum price and margin for HBF CUSTOMER FOCUSED – CREATING VALUE
- Drive customer intimacy by delivering HBF’s value proposition tailored to meet the needs of the customer
- Promote, quantify and expertly sell value, which differentiates HBF in the market and adds value to our customers
- Consistently deliver value to our customers to realize customer loyalty and minimize erosion
- Provide insight to the customer through expert application of knowledge in the industry Anticipate current and future needs of the customer through deep understanding of the customer’s business
- Promote and sell latest HBF products and technology thereby enhancing our position in the market as an innovative leader
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to teach the customer on current market trends and issues, and is able to be a strategic partner to our customers on key issues such as raw material trends DEMONSTRATES FUNCTIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Consistently manage activities to ensure all EHS requirements are followed
- Leverage all sales processes, including salesforce.com, consistently applies the HBF sales process
- Independently technically support the customer for standard needs, including running a product demonstration
- Identify, develop and close new business opportunities.
- Planning for the business and communicate forecasting needs for products to the business
- Intimately know the territory/industry, including developing new business pipeline
- Manage time by balancing effort between existing business and new business pipeline
- Provide timely monthly reports and all necessary internal/external communication, and collaboration with other stakeholders
- Understands competitive landscape and how to position HBF for advantage
- Effectively manage distributors in order to get focused growth in key segments/markets.
DEMONSTRATES BUSINESS ACUMEN
- Implement business pricing strategy based on business guidelines, expertly delivers price increases thereby enabling prices to stick
- Promote HBF products and technologies to optimize profitability
- Allocate own resources in a planned and consistent way with the business strategy
- Manage impact on profitability from terms and conditions, supply chain, days outstanding and other aspects
- Manage T&E expenses to budget EMBRACES CHANGE AND INNOVATION
- Provide voice of the customer feedback into the organization
- Promote and sell innovative HBF technologies that create competitive advantage and optimize value for customers
- Adapt easily to a dynamic environment and maintain high levels of motivation and engagement
SALES COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIORS
- Negotiating: Negotiates more complex situations within and outside of the organization. Thoughtfully develops creative solutions that satisfy all parties.
- Growing a sales territory: A solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market and the needs of assigned accounts; may help to develop colleagues' understanding of business and other development needs.
- Presenting: Comfortably presents to a broad and diverse group, maintaining group focus and appropriately responds to unrehearsed questions. Progresses agenda.
- Questioning / Listening: Actively listens to others; asks appropriate questions indicating interest in customers’ business with broad knowledge of the subject; focuses without interruption; evaluates verbal statements and nonverbal behavior to gain insight; responds appropriately in a non-judgmental manner.
- Communicating: Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages. Presents an open persona that encourages even the most reluctant person to express his/her views. Demonstrates the ability to recognize when others are having difficulty understanding his/her messages and adapts style appropriately.
- Prospecting: Applies effective techniques, promptly establishes connection with key contacts at new prospects with relevant messaging, assesses needs / interest and prioritizes in own pipeline activity.
- Being a team player: Seeks to work with teams. Encourages people with opposing viewpoints to express their thoughts. Assumes accountability for team goals.
- Technical knowledge of products & services
- Applies problem-solving skills using technical knowledge, and is able to independently, technically support customer
- Sales Process & Sales Tools
- Creates advantage through deep understanding of customer needs and accelerates sales process by selecting the right opportunities. Effective use of CRM tools
- Trends in market & industry
- Has a broad understanding of markets and industry, and frequently weaves knowledge into conversations with customers
- Supply chain
- Is able to optimizes offer for the customer and HBF by creatively using supply chain knowledge
- Should be able to work with supply chain team in order to deliver to customers by planning shipments, clearance & deliveries in line with business demand.
- Equipment & application process
- Able to recommend basic improvements to customers' processes.
- Has broad working knowledge of multiple substrates with advantages and disadvantages of each
- Business Acumen
- Consistently applies pricing strategy to achieve margin goals
- Key account management
- Has broad understanding of all key business concepts
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- New business development activities, which represents >30% of time.
- 4 year college degree, with a technical/mechanical, marketing, or chemistry background preferred
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience; related industry and B2B experience, preferably with a chemistry / engineering and application based selling background.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
- Travel time depends on size/geography of the territory.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about H.B. FullerSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Sameer Africa - 3 Positions
- Maintenance Engineer at Frank Management
- Job Openings at Watervale Investments - 2 Positions
- Job Vacancy at Lead Consultants
- Sales Representative at Lead Consultants
- Warehouse Manager & Supervisor at HRBP Solutions
- Plumber & Solar Water Heating Technician at Lean Energy Solutions Ltd
- Head of Human Resource & Administration at Kenya Tea Packers Limited