Alere is a world leader in rapid diagnostics at the point of care, with a focus on cardio metabolic disease, infectious disease and toxicology. In 2015, we delivered more than one billion tests to healthcare professionals and patients around the world. Our Vision Knowing now matters.™ Alere delivers reliable and actionable information through innovative rapid diagnostic tests, resulting in better clinical and economic healthcare outcomes globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Employee shall be responsible for the development of sales and marketing plans within the Region
- Manages the entire sales function in the organisation on a national basis by coordinating the work of Regional Sales Managers.
- Carries out extensive field tours.
- May provide company product or services training.
- Create and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales personnel toward achievement of corporate sales objectives.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Partner with the Manager – Corporate and Strategic Accounts in the development of key customer relationship management.
- Attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Complete familiarisation with the products in the Alere portfolio
- Establish relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Key Decision Makers to create market awareness of the products through demonstrations and representations
- Oversee the organisation and management of product evaluations, user groups and creation of local reference sites in the different regions
· Monitor and report on competitive activities for Kenya
· The Employee shall provide field based support to the Company’s commercial partners to assist in the growth of Product sales within the Region;
- The Employee shall implement and support marketing and sales activities of the Products within the Region;
- The Employee shall advise Company of market and industry trends relevant to the Products within the Region;
- The Employee shall assess the current distribution channels of the Company highlighting any strengths and weaknesses that the Employee may believe there are. The Employee shall recommend any changes to the Company as they may deem appropriate;
- The Employee shall prepare an annual business plan to be submitted to and discussed with the Company’s African sales team.
- The Employee shall asses any current or future Product opportunities and report any potential findings to the Company;
- Candidate shall introduce new and improved Products into the Region as directed by the Company.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
· Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Alere Quality System
- Local and International Travelling
- Travel locally in Kenya extensively up to 40% as need arises.
- Travel will also be required to the countries in the remit - Tanzania, Uganda & Rwanda upto 25%
BS/BA in related discipline
5-7 years of experience in directly related field
1-3 years of progressively responsible positions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Alere Inc career website on www.linkedin.com to apply