Flight & Freight Dispatch Assistant at Mission Aviation Fellowship
Posted on: 5 July, 2017
Deadline: 11 July, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Mission Aviation Fellowship
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a not-for-profit, Christian organisation whose mission is to reach isolated communities through aviation. In Kenya we fly small aircraft to assist Mission organisations, Churches and Relief agencies in providing humanitarian and spiritual sustenance to isolated people.
The primary purpose of the position is ensuring efficient coordination of incoming and outgoing passengers, freight and mail on MAF flights.
Flight & Freight Dispatch Assistant Job Responsibilities
- To ensure an efficient co-ordination of incoming and outgoing passengers, freight and mail on MAF flights.
- Dispatching MAF flights departing and arriving at Customs:
- Receive, store, record and dispatch incoming and outgoing freight and mail of MAF flights
- Weighing, labelling, and loading freight and mail on MAF aircraft at the hangar and customs
- Ensure outgoing mail is collected from reception and dispatched in labelled mail bags.
- Ensure incoming mail is collected from aircraft and registered at reception.
- Co-ordinating Freight and mail handling with other MAF departments and bases.
- Occasionally picking or dropping freight from customs, AIMAIR and customers organisations.
- Checking in and out passengers travelling on MAF flights
- Assisting pilots opening the hangar doors.
- Assisting pilots at customs with loading and unloading MAF aircraft
- Filing flight plans for MAF flights, presenting them at the Briefing Office in the Control Tower and collecting and distributing Notams and General Declaration forms.
- Arranging, loading and unloading of the passengers comfort bags for MAF flights
- Paying various KCAA certification fees and processing pilots licensing.
- Transport passengers and cargo to and from customs/security in a MAF vehicle.
- Processing post flight paperwork and entering techlog details into Wingman.
- Flight following for MAF aircraft on HF and V2track
- Recording HF transmissions received in flight following book.
- Prepare tickets, manifests, general declarations, flight folders and flight plans when requested by bookings.
- Aircraft cleaning, interior and exterior polishing, tidying and preparation of aircraft for passenger use in accordance with the operational requirements.
- Refuelling in accordance with the operational requirements and with instructions from the relevant supervisor
- Being alert to, and reporting all observed defects with aircraft, materials and equipment.
- Operating ground power unit for MAF flights.
- Doing other MAF duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Freight and Dispatch Co-ordinator and the BaseOperations Manager
Qualifications for the Flight & Freight Dispatch Assistant Job
- Completed Secondary school certificate with a minimum of C+ average
- Completion of a recognised Flight Operations and Dispatch course.
- Secondary school certificate with a minimum of C+ average
- Completion of an ICAO and KCAA prescribed course in Dangerous Goods Awareness.
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above should send a motivation letter and copy of updated C.V, to email@example.com on or before 11th July 2017 at 4:00pm.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mission Aviation FellowshipSimilar Jobs
- Program Officer at World Vision
- Research Assistants at Kenya Medical Research Institute
- Job Openings at Kenya Climate Innovation Center - 2 Positions
- Records Management Assistant at World Vision
- Internal Audit and Risk Manager at Save the Children
- Finance Assistant at Action Africa Help - International
- Career Opportunities at Adeso - 2 Positions
- Latest Job at Rainforest Alliance (RA)