At Living Goods
we empower people to improve the health of their families, friends and communities. Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ health entrepreneurs who go door to door to teach families how to improve their health and wealth and sell life-changing products such as simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, safe delivery kits, fortified foods, clean cook stoves, water filters, and solar lights. By combining the best practices from business and public health, we are dramatically lowering child mortality AND creating livelihoods for thousands of enterprising women. Living Goods supports a network of over 2,000 micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights. As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.
The ideal candidate is a results-focused professional with vision and an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a tremendous opportunity to help scale and build an already successful organization and to dramatically improve the health and livelihoods of many millions of low-income consumers. This position is based in East Africa and will require travel in the region, and at times, internationally.
- Drive Living Goods’ business development strategy in East Africa.
- Research, track and analyze new funding opportunities, competitive intelligence, and Living Goods’ positioning.
- Develop and support senior management’s cultivation and strengthening of relationships with prospective funders, implementing partners, government officials, local media, and other key stakeholders in the region.
- Develop new implementing partnerships with NGOs and government alongside Living Goods’ own direct operations in Kenya and Uganda. And develop new partnerships with implementers in other countries.
- Serve as writer, proposal coordinator, or other lead role on proposal teams. Develop well-crafted concept notes and proposals. Coordinate preparation of all supplementary information.
- Prospect and develop opportunities for Living Goods to expand its direct operations into new countries.
- Partner with the Global Business Development team to proactively standardize and improve business development processes, tools, and resources.
- Contribute to Living Goods advocacy, communications, and outreach activities. This might include researching and analyzing local and national policy issues, representing Living Goods in relevant working groups, or supporting country-specific communication strategies.
- Work closely with country teams to manage reporting requirements for future bi/multi-lateral funded projects. Provide expertise and guidance to Living Goods staff on the requirements and processes of these awards. Hire specialized staff as needed.
- Represent Living Goods at conferences and donor meetings, as needed.
- Host key donors and partners visiting Uganda and Kenya.
- Minimum five years relevant experience in fundraising and business development, with a proven track record of success winning bi/multi-lateral funding. Two or more years emerging markets experience preferred.
- Desire and ability to help build the business development function in a rapidly expanding and fast-paced global organization.
- Experience in global health strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID and other bi/multi-lateral donor funding mechanisms, policies, and procedures required. Prior experience working on bi/multi-lateral funded projects strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, financial planning, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience managing proposal teams and processes and producing deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
- Strong research, writing, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills.
- Willingness to travel, predominantly in East Africa.
- BA required; Master’s preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on livinggoods.applytojob.com to apply