is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. Tetra Tech’s innovative, sustainable solutions help our clients address their water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development challenges. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in every sector and to use that expertise throughout the project life cycle. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. Our Mission To be the premier worldwide consulting and engineering firm. Our Core Principles Our core principles form the underpinning of how we work together to serve our clients. Service: Tetra Tech puts its clients first. We listen better to understand our clients' needs and deliver smart, cost-effective solutions that meet those needs. Value: Tetra Tech takes on our clients' problems as if they were our own. We develop and implement real-world solutions that are cost-effective, efficient, and practical. Excellence: Tetra Tech brings superior technical capability, disciplined project management, and excellence in safety and quality to all of our work. Opportunity: Our people are our number one asset. Our workforce is diverse and includes leading experts in our fields. Our entrepreneurial nature and commitment to success provide challenges and opportunities for all of our associates. Our Purpose Tetra Tech will enhance the quality of life while creating value for customers, associates, investors, and partners. Our Business Groups Water, Environment & Infrastructure (WEI) provides consulting and engineering services worldwide for a broad range of water- and infrastructure-related needs in both developed and emerging economies. Services include water management, environmental restoration, government consulting, and a broad range of civil infrastructure requirements for facilities, transportation, and regional and local development. Resource Management & Energy (RME) provides consulting and engineering services worldwide for a broad range of resource management and energy needs including oil and gas, energy, mining, remediation, utilities, waste management, and international development. Company Facts Employees: 16,000 Revenue: $2.3 billion (FY 2015) NASDAQ Symbol: TTEK Corporate Office: 3475 East Foothill Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91107; +1 (626) 351-4664 Geographic Reach: 400 offices worldwide
The Market Development Advisor will support PATRP-Beyond the Grid Kenya advisor with direct advice to Solar Home Systems (SHS) and Minigrid companies in support to Power Africa partners and PATRP transactions. They will act as market facilitator particularly for developers entering the Kenyan market, and/or supporting existing developers looking to scale up operations. The Market Development Advisor will also support the regional Transaction Advisors (both large scale and BTG) link private developers and entrepreneurs link with suitable sources of project development finance.
The Advisor Will Conduct The Following Activities
- Provide strategies that support SHS and Minigrid companies expand beyond current operation areas including: development of a scalable agent recruitment, initial sales agent training program, reverse logistics, among others.
- Prepare registration and tax exemption path flows for SHS and Minigrid companies entering the Kenyan market.
- Support SHS and Minigrid companies on partnership development and market expansion by identifying potential NGO partners and MFIs along with meeting the local representatives and introducing Kenya entry market SHS and Minigrid companies.
- Provide expert advice in East African off-grid renewable energy and Pay-as-you-Go (PAYG) platforms and other providers.
- Support developers with MNO registration process.
- Conduct skype calls and in person meetings with project developers to identify and define specific assistance for each priority project.
- Support with overall regulatory navigation SHS and Minigrid developers.
- Review companies proposal applications to investors, banks, donor programs among other
- Support companies on the development and presentation of business plans
- A Master’s Degree or higher in energy economics, energy finance, business administration, or other relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in rural electrification or working with off-grid companies. Experience providing services to off-grid companies in scale up of their operations preferred.
- Experience analyzing and structuring financial transactions, ideally of energy companies, including financial models and investment deals, including the provision of targeted Technical Assistance (TA).
- Experience working with off-grid energy companies, commercial investment banks, private equity and/or financial or legal services companies or firms in the international energy or finance sector.
- Energy sector work experience in Kenya.
- Experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders in the energy sector.
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills.
Strong Analytical And Project Management Skills Are Strongly Preferred
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Tetra Tech career website on tetratech.taleo.net to apply