The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited is one of South Africa's largest financial services groups, operating in 20 countries across Africa and other key markets around the world.
Provide a readily available, service-focused, knowledgeable and experienced point of contact for new and existing personal market customers. Ensure that the customers’ banking needs are identified and fulfilled efficiently and cost-effectively, while managing the risks associated with new accounts, mandates and specimen signatures.
Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Identify customer needs effectively and bring in new accounts accordingly.
- Ensure that customers are assisted efficiently within the time frames laid down for particular transaction types – refer to 5 Star processes and
- high 5 process.
Cross-sell products effectively.
Ensure that customers are fully informed of their rights and obligations to the bank in accordance with the Code of Banking Practice.
- Implement all the required steps and controls when doing account applications to minimize the risks associated with new business.
- Gather complete and accurate data for the opening of loan accounts and granting of facilities.
- Refer matters outside scoring criteria, with the appropriate information, to Accounts Analyst for further investigation.
- Increase branch advances by responsible lending practices (lemmatization)
- Sell the bank’s products proactively and pass on sales leads to the applicable areas.
- Report statistics for reactive sales correctly and timeously.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with the prudential guidelines under the CBK act and standard bank KYC compliance and KBA.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in line with KYC compliance
Preferred Qualification And Experience
- Relevant Degree holder from a recognized University
- 3 – 4 Years Branch Banking experience, with exposure to customer service
Skills and knowledge
- A credit diploma from the Institute of Bankers would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of personal market products (especially loan products) and the processes underpinning them.
- Good knowledge of product criteria and bank policy regarding appropriate pricing, charges and interest rates.
- Knowledge of the documentation related to personal market credit routine.
- Knowledge and understanding of credit behavioural scoring and application systems, the granting process and risk management principles.
- General knowledge and understanding of financial statements, including application of policies and principles for evaluation and management of the risk associated with lending.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Basic knowledge of competitor products.
- Basic knowledge of products sold elsewhere within the Group.
- Knowledge of the prudential guidelines and under the CBK Act.
- Qualifications and experience as determined by the Requirements” of the prudential guidelines under the CBK act and standard bank KYC compliance and KBA.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Bank Group career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply