Purchasing Manager at L'Oréal
Posted on: 6 July, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at L'Oréal
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. The group's mission is to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to women and men around the world with respect for their diversity. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition for the coming years is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires.
Manage and coordinate a category, business, innovation or performance team, in line with the Group’s purchasing strategies and policies.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Analyse business needs and challenges demand : Anticipate major evolution of needs. Propose the most valuable option involving internal and external network/resources. Use VA methodology as a part of the culture of need expression
- Defines purchasing strategy : define the best suited supplier portfolio (for a division or a category). Develop Market intelligence tool on categories. Drive changes in the market structure. Input, build and/or challenge category strategies.
- Optimizes costs : Capture breakthrough ideas coming from the suppliers. Maximize value creation opportunities impacting P&L and Top Line. Activate all levers of the value chain through the Cost Models.
- Maximizes Supplier Relationships : Create a preferred customer relationship with strategic suppliers. Develop strategic suppliers to sustain growth. Drive improvement projects with strategic suppliers impacting P&L and Top Line contribution
- Creates value and innovates : Capture innovation opportunities form internal & external sources. Lead strategic projects. Manage financial cost and impact. Get the buy-in, communicate with steering committee mode to the sponsors, stakeholders. Be empowered to take key decisions or to escalate to stakeholders
- Negotiates with integrity : Coach and challenge teams in terms of negotiation strategy, use innovative negotiation levers. Unlock stalemate situation and display high ethical principles at all levels.
- Operates according to internal control principles and legal rules : Develop a competitive advantage (exclusivity, group strategy, innovation, CSR, …). Negotiate Global, high stake contracts. Negotiate intellectual property, licensing, exclusivity agreements for innovation.
- Evaluates and manages risks: Define and implement risk management policy. Implement advanced/breakthrough methodologies or tools to secure risk. Manage regulatory risks.
- Manages Performance and efficiency : Be accountable for purchasing performance. Formulate functional improvements for processes and tools. Formulate recommendations based of Supplier P&L analysis or L'Oreal /Brand P&L. Challenge Financial and logistics managers when purchasing is impacted by other functions. Ensure data quality.
- Supports and manages stakeholders’ relationships : Communicate / manage projects/share suppliers’ information with stakeholders, influence stakeholders. Drive and grow Purchasing Share of Voice among stakeholders.
Technical & Professional competencies required
- Detailed knowledge of techniques for effective supplier relations and negotiations
- (Technical) expertise regarding the relevant product portfolio
- Awareness of technological innovations and methods
- Good knowledge and experience of Industrial buying: general packaging materials (plastics, card boards , folding boxes), Raw Materials, MROs etc
- Ability to effectively communicate both in written and verbal, convince and influence
- Solid grasp of financial issues and market trends
- Able to think strategically seeing the Big Picture
- Able to proactively identify supply risk and work out mitigation plans
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Problem Solving and decision making
- Presentation skills
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a University Degree in a relevant field
- Professional Qualification in Purchasing (CIPS or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience in the FMCG environment
- Computer literate with ERP experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to L'Oréal career website on career.loreal.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about L'OréalSimilar Jobs
- Finance Business Partner at Kenafric Industries
- Legal Operations Analyst at General Electric (GE)
- Senior Technician at Burn Manufacturers
- Job Opportunities at Brites Management
- Job Opportunities at Toyota Kenya - ManPower Services - 7 Positions
- Head Of Sales at Moko Furniture
- Machine Operator at Diageo
- Receptionist at Sheffield Steel Systems