The Agriculture Production Lead provides overall leadership and management to Dairy and Crops activities of the Kenya FTF Crop and Dairy Market Systems Development Activity project. The goal of this project is to ensure inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led growth, strengthen resilience and improve nutrition among smallholder farmers in Kenya. Reporting to the DCOP and Heifer’s Country Director, the Agriculture Production Lead is responsible for the design and implementation of the project’s interventions related to the areas of dairy, feed, crops and horticulture. He/she will work with the project team members to provide the technical input in regards the planning, management and implementation of the dairy and crops components.
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Rural Development, Project Planning and Management, Agriculture, Agribusiness and Animal Science or and other relevant areas.
2) Seven (7) years of relevant experience in Program management, extension and community development work.
1) Master’s Degree in relevant professional discipline.
2) Four (4) years of supervisory/managerial experience.
3) Thorough understanding of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
4) Solid skill, knowledge and foundation in project management cycle.
5) Sound understanding of value chain development on various agricultural commodities including dairy and crop sectors.
6) Sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of the root causes of poverty in Kenya.
7) Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development.
8) Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning processes.
9) Knowledge of Swahili, both oral and written, is preferred.
Interested and qualified? Go to Heifer International career website on heifer-openhire.silkroad.com to apply