ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
Scope and general purpose of the role:
Engage daily with existing customer base, distributors, end users and converters. Promote sales and distribution with network of contacts. Increase product portfolio and investment by distributors. Increase market share by delivering high levels of service to the network.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Engagement and targets:
· Conduct a needs analysis to ensure that all sales target are met
· Conceptualise new and innovative strategies to achieve sales targets
· Follow up on new sales leads and build detailed project pipeline with prospective values
· Analyse/recognise potential growth opportunities in the market
· Engage with distributors and assist with specification of product and application
· Increase footprint and market share for the brand in specified area of responsibility
· Actively engage with converters to identify new opportunities
· Leverage local distribution network to engage with supply of materials
· Actively increase opportunity pipeline for quarterly and annual sales and maintain a close rate equal to peers.
· Provide input to S&OP meetings (discuss accuracy of the forecasts, slow moving and obsolete stock and identify crisis areas)
· Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
· Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment. Minimum of 4 calls per day.
· Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
· Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
· Extracts value from customer through the use of company tools and training provided
· Provide product and brand training with converter network
· Provide technical advice and solutions to customers when required
· Record customer interaction on salesforce.com
· Take informed decisions regarding terms and conditions of pricing, rebates, COD pricing and discounts
· Log customer complaints within 24hrs of complaint being received
· Conduct product trials at customers when required, and help technical department
· Update customer price lists, and ensure prices are updated within Avery Dennison’s operating systems
· Follow complaint till conclusion, and advise customer of results.
· Assess materials when there are customer complaints
· Ensure that all customer demands are timeously met
· Liaise with customers regarding their account status
· Follow up on outstanding payments and assist with debtors collections is in line with corporate policies.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Minimum 6 years relevant external in field sales and customer service experience
· Sound knowledge and understanding of print applications including active problem solving of production issues raised by customers
· Thorough understanding of local market and customer base.
· Minimum of 6 years experience in three tiered interaction level distribution, converters and end user
· Corporate interaction on projects and tenders in an advisory capacity relating to specification of materials
· The successful candidate should be in possession of a valid driver’s licence and their own reliable vehicle.
· Grade 12
· Relevant qualification would be an advantage
· Technical knowledge products and application
· Insightful Judgement
· Promote Collaboration
· Drive for Results
· Strategic planning and project engagement
· Communication skills- verbal and written
· Listening skills
· Business Acumen
· Advanced Computer Skills- Microsoft office suite
· Sales Skills
· Analytical problem solving skills
· Time Management skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Attention to detail
· Organisational skills
· Customer liaison skills
Interested and qualified? Go to Avery Dennison career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply