If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Women Corporate Directors Association (WCD) is a trusted community of support and expertise for women directors of public and large private companies – representing the highest levels of executive and board leadership in business today. A not-for-profit organization, WCD is committed to member education and connection, creating a global community of peers in corporate governance. We are advocates for women on boards, and for each other in our efforts to be visionary directors.
Reporting to the Chair and Co-Chair of WCD Kenya Chapter, the incumbent will be in charge of overseeing several strategically important activities by supporting the society in providing secretariat services through focusing on the overall management of all administrative activities for the WCD Kenya Chapter.
In addition, the role will work closely with the Chairs and the committees to ensure smooth transfer and dissemination of information to all members as appropriate, as well as following up on daily issues that will ensure the continuous flow of WCD Kenya’s operations.
Chapter Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Working with and supporting WCD Kenya Chapter chairs and committee members on all projects
- Developing a good understanding of applicable WCD Kenya Chapter policies, practices and the Code of Conduct, and providing support
- Ensuring proper record keeping for all WCD materials
- Preparation of newsletters, chapter profile, brochures, programmes and other marketing material for WCD Kenya Chapter
- Sending out and following up on invitations for various events and preparation of meeting venues for WCD Board meetings
- Circulating the meeting agenda for WCD Board meetings, attending WCD committee meetings, taking the minutes and following up on action items
- Preparing a succession schedule for the Board members
- Ensuring complete data is kept on record for all members and that it is up – to – date
Qualifications for the Chapter Coordinator Job
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field
- At least five years’ work experience in a position that requires coordination of individuals and activities
- Experience in preparing and drafting brochures, letters, promotional material and in addition with website maintenance
- Proven ability to deal with women at senior levels and of managing projects
- A proven record of commercial awareness with high-quality contribution to business strategy and delivery
- Excellent communication and analytical skills in both written and spoken English
- Sensitivity to cultural differences with the highest professional and ethical standards
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 20th July 2017 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.