If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring the growth of the Pension portfolios, timely and efficient administration of the retirement benefits schemes in accordance with the Retirement Benefits Authority Act.
This includes but is not limited to sales and Business Development, collection and posting of receipts, benefits processing and preparation of regular management and trustee reports and statutory returns to the Retirement Benefits Authority. You will be working with individual sales and administration targets.
Applicants must be enthusiastic, organized and have excellent communication skills to ensure a world class customer experience.
Pension Sales & Admin Job Responsibilities
- Finding new Business as per the targets.
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet and exceed targets
- Negotiating the terms of agreement and closing sales
- New Business promoter. Sales presentations, acting as a subject matter expert in Personal/SME/Corporate pension plans.
- Knowledge of RBA regulations and the new NSSF act requirements.
- Maintenance of accurate records of the Scheme members’ particulars including information on employer and employee contributions.
- Processing and payment of all benefits.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in tax calculation in regard member’s benefits.
- Arranging payments to any third parties.
- Maintaining records of Member transfers.
- Arrange and make follow ups on annual audit of the schemes’ accounts.
- Maintenance and provision of Annual/ Periodic Master Fund Statement to scheme Trustees.
- Liaising with the Trustees, RBA, KRA and other relevant service providers to ensure that the schemes are compliant at all times.
- Providing plan information to all Scheme Members.
- Collaborating with IT to fully develop the Pensions Administration within BRIMS system.
- Receipting of all contributions and allocating to respective members.
- Look after the customer relationship in pre-sales and to post sales
- Keep clients apprised of product and service enhancements, including changes in investment options.
- Providing excellent customer service to clients, members and third parties.
- Managing of clients’ enquiries and complaints.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
Reporting (Internal and External):
- Provide up to date balances on Member’s accounts as and when required
- Provision of Annual/ Periodic Individual Member Statements.
- Preparing returns in respect of the Retirement Benefits business as assigned for submission within the timelines provided.
- Arrange for scheme members’ Annual General Meetings.
- To provide up to date management reports on monthly basis and periodically as required.
- To plan for and attend Trustees meeting and AGM.
- Preparation of the schemes draft accounts.
- Send notifications to employers contributing to the pension scheme on a monthly basis to ensure that the contributions made to the pension schemes are up-to-date.
- Any other duties assigned by the management in line with tasks.
Qualifications for the Pension Sales & Admin Job
- Demonstrated and proven financial industry Sales track record. Pension sales will be an added advantage.
(Mathematics / Statistics / Actuarial Science), BCom, (Accounting) or any other similar qualification from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the pension industry
- Thorough understanding and knowledge in Tax computations in regards to operations of the schemes.
- Thorough knowledge of legislation governing Retirement Benefits in Kenya.
- Experience in the insurance Industry sales will also be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Swahili
- Excellent customer service
- Drive and commitment
- Desire to achieve individual and team goals
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills.
- Honest and reliable
- Result driven
- Customer focus
- Accountable for own actions
- Well spoken
Method of Application
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2863”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2863 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 17th July 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.