Analyst at IFC - International Finance Corporation
Posted on: 7 July, 2017
Deadline: 10 July, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Finance Corporation
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global leader, investor and advisor committed to projects in its developing member countries that reduce extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to businesses and governments in the developing world
The Operations Analyst will be based in Nairobi and (s)he will report to the Senior Operations Officer of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide close support to the FCS Africa management team in implementing FCS Africa and CASA program
- Conduct industry and sector reviews under supervision of senior team members
- Analyze and report the results achieved by FCS Africa and CASA-supported Investment and Advisory projects, summarize, and prepare reports
- Assist in producing Country Conflict Analyses and incorporating fragility lens in CASA supported projects
- Assist in organizing various knowledge sharing events
- Prepare FCS Africa portfolio monitor and other portfolio related data
- Prepare FCS Africa weekly digests as well as Industry digests. (Digests refer to compilations of various articles and reports.)
- Perform periodic reporting as required by FCS Africa program management, donors and IFCs Africa management on programs’ progress and designated region achievements. Respond to stakeholder’s enquiries; facilitate and coordinate meetings with IFC/WBG operational teams and country stakeholders. If necessary, represent FCS Africa and CASA at meetings scheduled with stakeholders in consultation and with the approval of management team.
- Actively prepares and participates in meetings/discussion with subject matter experts, working level staff and other stakeholders
- Contribute to developing the work plans for FCS Africa program implementation
- Undertake and execute other task and responsibilities as assigned by the FCS Africa Management.
- Master's degree with 2+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Investment and advisory experience preferably in Africa is strongly desirable
- A demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and prepare analytical briefs
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. The knowledge of statistical software is a plus. The candidate might be asked to demonstrate the capacity to use Excel. The candidate should have experience in identifying data sources, mining data, interpreting data, visualizing data, and using data for the purpose of problem solving and generation of evidence.
- Strong presentation skills with proved ability to working with PowerPoint
- Interest/experience in private sector development in Africa, particularly in challenging business environments and/or conflict affected countries will be an advantage
- Solution Driven – the candidate is expected to take responsibility for timely response to inquiries and requests
- Flexible personality; able to work in a multicultural, fast-paced team environment
- A team player, with an ability to work with colleagues from different teams who are not located next to him/her and meeting tight deadline and maintaining strong internal client service orientation
- Commitment to knowledge-sharing
- Excellent written communication skills in English; Knowledge of French is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Finance Corporation (IFC) career website on www.ifc.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Finance Corporation (IFC)Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Job Vacancy at Concern Worldwide
- Internship at ACTED
- Procurement Assistant at UN World Food Programme WFP
- Software Developer at The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
- Interns at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) - 2 Positions
- Job Opening at International Potato Center
- Director at Palladium