African Prisons Project (APP) is a charity working in Africa to improve the welfare of prisoners through education, health and justice. It was founded in 2004, by then 18-year-old Alexander McLean, who is now its director.
The Admin and HR Manager will support the team in Kenya team with all aspects of Administration and HR from Office organisation and support, staff recruitment and planning, implementing, evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programmes and practices. The incumbent will also write job descriptions, supporting references and contract conclusion. We also have a number of overseas volunteers/interns and the role will also be to support this process including assessing the candidates, ensuring their documentation is correct and completing monitoring and reporting. As an employee of African Prisons Project, you will be expected to follow the organisation’s financial procedures.
· Oversee the APP Office running and order
· Oversee all housekeeping and office assistant staff
· Liaison for all visitors to the APP office
· Support to the APP team
· Collate and maintain all staff documentation
· Have oversight of staff leave records and time away
· Support on staff relation and escalate issues to the Country Director as appropriate
· Support in Recruitment
· Identifying and ensuring there is appropriate support and training for staff/volunteers & interns
· Presenting and managing the induction for all new staff/volunteers & interns
· Support in the M&E of programmes in consultation with Programme leads
• Very strong communication skills - written and verbal
• High level of diplomacy
• Planning and organizing
• Highly efficient
• Problem assessment and problem solving
• Information gathering and information monitoring
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Customer service orientation
• HR policies and procedures
APP works by Christian values of integrity, hard work, selflessness and diligence.
If you feel you meet/ exceed the above requirements kindly send your cv and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 19th July 2017.