Who We Are An autonomous road agency, responsible for the management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of international trunk roads linking centres of international importance and crossing international boundaries or terminating at international ports(Class A road), national trunk roads linking internationally important centres (Class B roads), and primarily roads linking provicially important centres to each other or two higher-classroads (Class C roads). Our Vision A leading Highways Authority committed to quality, safe and adequate National Trunk Roads. Our Mission To construct and manage national trunk roads that enhance socio-economic growth and prosperity. Our Mandate To Manage, develop, rehabilitate and maintain national roads. Our Core Functions Constructing, upgrading, rehabilitating and maintaining roads Class A, B, C roads. Implementing road policies in relation to national roads. Ensuring adherence to the rules and guidelines on axle load control prescribed under the traffic act and any regulations under this act. Ensuring that the quality of roads works is in accordance with such standards as may be defined by the minister. Collecting and collating all such data related to the use of national roads as may be necessary for efficient forward planning under this act.
Interns at KeNHA work on projects that provide valuable hands-on experience and
will have the chance to learn from more experienced professionals. KeNHA has a well-structured internship program that sets their interns up for success. Students have the opportunity to utilize the knowledge they have gained in the classroom and see how their studies translate into a professional setting. Accordingly we are seeking to provide the following Internship opportunities.
Qualifications for the KeNHA Internship Program 2017/2018
- A Diploma or a First degree from a recognized Institution in the following disciplines: Civil Engineering, Finance/Accounting, Survey, Economics, Sociology, GIS, Environmentalist, Procurement Studies, Human Resource Management, ICT, Law, Business Administration, Business Management, Statistics, Communications and Public Relations.
- Be a Kenyan youth aged between 20 and 34 years.
- Must attach a valid personal accident insurance cover.
- Must have completed their training and graduated in the last 2 (two) years.
- Must not have undertaken any other internship programme or exposed to work experience related to their area of study since graduation.
- Must be a person of Integrity (Current Certificate of good Conduct required)
- Must be Computer Literate
- Strong Communication (written & oral ) skills
Method of Application
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply.
The Authority does not guarantee employment after completion of the Internship program. Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the specific addresses shown below by close of business on 7 th July, 2017 at 5.00pm.
Applications to include CVs with clear indication of area of interest and details of their day time contacts. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates and National ID or Passport. Applications should be addressed to:-
The Director General, Kenya National Highways Authority, Blue Shield Towers, 9th floor, Hospital Hill Road, P.O Box 49712-00100, NAIROBI. Or hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 1 st Floor (HR Department).
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.