If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
is the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child
UNICEF Kenya's Programme of Cooperation with the Government of Kenya (2014 - 2018) is based on supporting the Government and partners to create an inclusive, protective, healthy and learning environment for children. The Health Programme aims to increase national and local capacity to develop and implement evidence based policies to fulfill the rights of children and women to access affordable and quality health care. More specifically, the programme aims to increase access and use of evidence based quality maternal and child health services and to support the Government of Kenya to achieve the health related Millennium Development Goals.
How can you make a difference?
As Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, You Will
Under the guidance of the supervisor of the post, the M&E Officer will provide support to the MOH to:
- Develop detailed GAVI HSS implementation plans
- Implement activities under objective 4 of the HSS proposal
- Monitor implementation of planned interventions outlined in the HSS work plans
- Ensure Completion of Monitoring Framework as outlined in the GAVI guidelines
- Contribute to the HSS program reporting
- Participate and contribute to EPI program monitoring and evaluation working group plans of actions
- Undertake any other activity assigned by MOH EPI manager and UNICEF.
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of [insert years] of relevant professional experience in
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty,
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on www.impactpool.org to apply