Stanbic Bank is a division of Standard Bank, a member of the Standard Bank Group, based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Stanbic Bank was adopted as a trading name in 1992, when the Standard Bank Group, then known as Standard Bank Investment Corporation, acquired the African operations of ANZ Grindlays Bank. The new name was adopted to avoid confusion with the Standard Bank's British former parent bank, Standard Chartered Bank, which continued to operate in Africa.
Provide a readily available, service-focused, knowledgeable and experienced point of contact for new and existing personal market customers.
Ensure that the customers’ banking needs are identified and fulfilled efficiently and cost-effectively, while managing the risks associated with new accounts, mandates and specimen signatures.
Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Customer Consultant Job Key Responsibilities
- Identify customer needs effectively and bring in new accounts accordingly.
- Ensure that customers are assisted efficiently within the time frames laid down for particular transaction types – refer to 5 Star processes and high 5 process.
- Cross-sell products effectively.
- Ensure that customers are fully informed of their rights and obligations to the bank in accordance with the Code of Banking Practice.
- Implement all the required steps and controls when doing account applications to minimize the risks associated with new business.
- Gather complete and accurate data for the opening of loan accounts and granting of facilities.
- Refer matters outside scoring criteria, with the appropriate information, to Accounts Analyst for further investigation.
- Increase branch advances by responsible lending practices (lemmatization)
- Sell the bank’s products proactively and pass on sales leads to the applicable areas.
- Report statistics for reactive sales correctly and timeously.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with the prudential guidelines under the CBK act and standard bank KYC compliance and KBA.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in line with KYC compliance
Qualifications for the Customer Consultant Job
- Relevant Degree holder from a recognized University
- 3 – 4 Years Branch Banking experience, with exposure to customer service
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Stanbic Bank career website on careers.standardbank.com to apply