We are a dynamic, privately owned HR; Recruitment and Training firm that bring together a group of young and enthusiastic Human Resource professionals with hands-on experience. Our aim is to reach out to the Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) by dealing with the Management gaps, challenges and bridging the skills and knowledge gaps necessary for market expectations and contribution towards organizational competitiveness.
This is a key accounting function that deals with controlling expenditure of the organization and ensuring that payables are well documented, properly supported, reconciled, verified, posted and duly approved before any payments are made.
Accountant Job Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Handle Insurance Accounts
- Perform monthly reconciliations of account payables i.e. Insurance Account and generate reports
- Receive insurance debit notes, attach necessary support documents, analyze, reconcile and input accurately in the system after obtaining approval for posting
- Reconcile Insurance Policy documents with rates agreed / charged and generate report.
- Check marine debit notes for correctness of rates before payment
- Reconcile Clearing Agent Accounts e.g. General Cargo, Mitchell Cotts, DHL etc
- Compute and Remit Taxes i.e. VAT & Withholding tax using Itax and KEBS using Ken trade
- Perform purchases reconciliations and allocate payments on SAGE accounting system
- Provide support as may be required for external audits
- Assist in preparation of schedules for the annual and interim audits
- Perform any Accounting related duties or otherwise as may be assigned to you by the management from time to time including any general administrative duties and any other duties assigned by the finance manager
- Participate in the implementation of the new accounting system
- Assist in general ledger A/c and Sales Ledger Accounts reconciliations.
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate (Ms Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Attention to detail, accuracy and proper documentation.
- Good management of records.
- Accounting software literate (Systematics, Tally, Sage Evolution etc.)
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th JULY 2017, indicate your current /expected salary and notice period .