If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. For more than four decades, ABB is writing the future of industrial digitalization. With more than 70 million devices connected through its installed base of more than 70,000 control systems across all customer segments, ABB is ideally positioned to benefit from the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolution. With a heritage of more than 130 years, ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
As a Sales Support Specialist, you will be part of the Power Grid (PG) Division and Grid Integration Business Units (BU) based in Modderfontein. ABB is World’s No.1 in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
As a Sales Support Specialist you will be responsible to increase the export sales of substation service and develop the customer relations in the assigned area. Lead the sales and marketing process. In his assigned allocated countries and territories. In cooperation with LPG’s, product managers, bid & proposals, project management and front end sales.
Your Tasks as a Sales Support Specialist will include the following:
- Manage all sales and marketing activities in the assigned territory in cooperation with the ABB sales team.
- Manage the sales channels in the allocated markets for PGGI.
- Work closely with local sales team in the allocated countries to develop business for PGGI.
- Promote the Service activities business in the allocated markets.
- Report accurate information about the market size and market dynamics.
- Understand and report the customers buying behaviours in the allocated markets.
- Understand and report the competitions and competitors moves in the allocated markets.
- Participate in preparation of the budget for the allocated markets.
- Prepare and deliver the technical and commercial offers to the customer with the support from the PGGI HBU team.
- Increase the offers in pipeline and ensure a regular follow up with the sales team.
- Update expected forecast in Sales force on monthly basis.
- Collaborate with the PM in following the customer payment and cash flow when needed.
- Regular update and use of ABB tools such as salesforce
- Ability to travel to other African countries in regular visits when applicable (Tanzania- Uganda).
- Always keep consistency with ABB rules, guidelines code of conduct, business ethics and communications.
Ideally you will have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering coupled with 2 to 5 years of experience in Sales or Sales Support along with exposure to world class sales and business development experience with strong technical knowledge on Substation business, preferably from a Salesforce background. Your experience with ERP systems and processes (forecasting, planning metrics), excellent command of Microsoft Applications and ability to manage multiple tasks, time management, leadership capabilities with a team oriented attitude and fluency in French language (preferable) will make you an ideal fit for this role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ABB career website on new.abb.com to apply