If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, the position will manage a business portfolio that includes corporate business originating and or with links to or from China in order to drive business, manage the sector profitability growth and maximize revenue.
Responsibilities for the Relationship Manager Job
- To implement the Infrastructure Sector strategy in line with the overall Corporate Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth through the delivery of innovative and customized financial solutions to meet identified customer needs.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers/ suppliers/ line manager/ stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the specific sectors or portfolio.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the bank
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at a macro, sector specific, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Participate in preparation and submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit policy guidelines and requirements. Ensure the quality of assigned portfolio is within stipulated parameters.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications for the Relationship Manager Job
- University Degree preferably in a Business related field.
- Professional qualifications or Masters is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years Banking/Financial Services experience covering Customer Relationship Management and Sales.
- Experience in the Building, Construction and Property Development sector is an added advantage.
- Fluent in reading and writing in both English and Mandarin.
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relations
- Innovative in identifying and harnessing new and existing opportunities to maximize business
- Exposure to Corporate Banking products and services
- Ability to network through all open channels with large technological dependency for the target market.
- Proven excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
Method of Application
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 21st July, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
KRA PIN Card
Birth Certificate of self
Passport Photo (White Background)
Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
Academic & Professional certificates, including official transcripts
Certificates of Service as applicable