Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in many of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Overview of the position
SNV seeks a talented, entrepreneurial, result-oriented and experienced professional who will lead the Kenya country team in realizing the implementation of high quality programs in SNV’s sectors. We offer you a challenging position in a very dynamic environment.
The Country Director is responsible for leading and driving the country program. It is a multi-faceted role, focused on securing adequate funding to sustain operations, upscale and strategically strengthen the country program, while ensuring high quality delivery. It will require you to be well informed about national and international development priorities and steer the sectors in response to these priorities. You will forge partnerships and alliances between SNV and important national and international actors, and stimulate collaboration for impact in SNV sectors. You will be the face of SNV in the country and ensure a positive image and visibility.
You will lead, coach and support a team of proffesionals to perform at their best to meet and exceed client, donor and SNV corporate expectations. In addition, you will be a key member of our global senior management team, making meaningful contributions to help shape the future of SNV.
- Strategic leadership of the program (including multi-country efforts and potentially managing projects in other countries) within the overall parameters of SNV’s global strategy;
- Business development to grow the country program, ensure financial sustainability of SNV in Kenya and ensure a high quality project design;
- Oversight and quality assurance of project implementation (including project director roles) ensuring the delivery of impact to the satisfaction of key stakeholders and following SNV’s and the donor’s financial standards and monitoring protocols;
- Leadership and management of the country team: creating and nurturing an environment that supports high performance, learning and teamwork;
- Representation and profiling: building partnerships and maintaining excellent relationships with donors, partners, local governments, businesses, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders;
- Collaboration with other SNV countries to effectively exploit opportunities for synergy, deliver at scale (including multi-country projects), exchange knowledge and strengthen SNV’s position;
- In addition, Country Directors foster innovation of SNV products and services: facilitate learning, documentation and evidence based knowledge development in collaboration with SNV’s global team and partners; ensure collaboration with renowned knowledge institutes and networks.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SNV Netherlands Development Organisation career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply