If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Chemical Co., commonly referred to as Dow, is an American multinational chemical corporation headquartered in Midland, Michigan, United States
The company is looking for Business Development Manager (m/f) for Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda & Rwanda.
Serves as the interface between the Commercial and R&D functions in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Interpreter of the technical needs of users, influencers, channel partners, and the local DAS Commercial team regarding DAS products. Translates local needs into questions to be answered by projects, and communicates inputs to Field Scientists for Tiger Team awareness. Supports district/region/territory sales’ goals of existing products by providing technical and demand generation support. Supports the sales development through training, coaching, and best practice improvement for distributors’ sales reps in Crop Protection.
Close: EAF Marketing Specialist, EAF Sales Manager, Tiger Team, R&D, Regulatory, Legal and key market influencers.
- Marketing Support:
- Identifies gaps, follows up, and proposes future business opportunities and actions.
- Summarizes and disseminates competitive product information.
- Represents local customer needs to the Tiger team.
- Represents and supports Marketing needs to sales organization.
- Contributes to the development and refinement of local positioning for new & existing products.
- Product support:
- Provides product support to the business as defined by the Tiger Team and prioritized by the BMT.
- Gives biology know-how support for existing products, regarding technical transfer, labels, etc.
- Implements Endorsement Strategies with distributors, dealers, retailers, and end-users.
- Assists with plots and field days as needed within the districts.
- Sales Support:
- Coaches the contractors/ Distributors personnel on pre-call planning, demand generations and sales a, and proper product positioning.
- Provides technical support to the commercial team to achieve sales goals at district level (trainings, field days, technical materials in presentation slides, etc.
- Designs for accuracy, sales tools, product positioning guides, competitive positioning strategies.
- Establishes and builds relationships with local influencers, commodity groups, consultants, and associations
- Technical Training and Support:
- Works with Technology Transfer to transform the information generated by Field Scientists and R&D into applicable information for the commercial organization.
- Manages technical training of key distributors.
- Food Chain Support:
- Provides the Exporters with the technical info and update the food chain team with the exporters needs, Gaps and opportunities and support listing DAS portfolio in their Pesticides lists.
- Agronomy and business experience in relevant geography.
- Good listener and interpreter of views from a wide range of inputs.
- Strong communication skills to transfer knowledge across the network and within the region.
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing skills. Innovative in focus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dow career website on www.dow.com to apply