ActionAid is a leading international charity. We support women and children in extreme poverty. We fight for their rights and for lasting change
We are looking for a regional coordinator to proactively represent ActionAid in agreed Nairobi based forums and networks ensuring ActionAid is visible and recognised as a key humanitarian actor, Establishing relationships with key contacts in donor organisations as the basis for resource mobilisation to support a sustained response, ensure coordination and support of DEC funded projects in Somaliland and Kenya and DPRF funded work in Ethiopia. This includes bringing together key specialist staff from across ActionAid to support affected countries and help shape the long-term strategic direction of the programme in subsequent phases. Ensure Development and utilisation of ActionAid’s policy outputs (briefings, messaging, communication materials etc.) to further ActionAid’s humanitarian agenda, especially the positive role of women and women’s organisations in emergencies.
If you are ready to take on a CV enhancing role that will use your talents and develop your skills; look no further than this Project Coordinator position at ActionAid International
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have:
· Proven ability to work creatively, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision in a multi-cultural context/ environment, including identifying and realising opportunities through which to further ActionAid’s funding base and agenda.
· Understanding particularly of women’s rights, livelihoods and protection programming in natural disaster settings and a proven ability to support community-centred programs.
· Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered increased income.
· Experience of preparing quality narrative and financial reports for institutional donors.
· Proven ability to work with government authorities, the UN humanitarian system, NGOs, development agencies and community groups during emergency responses.
· Applied knowledge of project cycle management including proven experience of leading monitoring and evaluation processes including with a variety of approaches and methodologies.
· Strong background working with partners in cross cultural settings and supporting the professional development of local organisations and staff, including the provision of training, mentoring and coaching support.
· A strong commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission and values, especially the rights based approach and the principles of equal opportunity.
· Understanding of, and commitment to, humanitarian principles and minimum standards for disaster response.
· Consultative and empowering working style and willingness to learn from others.
· Strong oral and written communication skills as the basis for influencing.
· A high level of computer competency (excel, word, power-point etc.) as the basis for producing high quality products for external audiences.
· Willingness to travel as required.
· Ability to work well under pressure and in response to changing needs.
If you meet the requirements, send your CV, motivation cover letter to email@example.com by no later than 14th July 2017. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role indicating which position you are applying for. Interviews are likely to be held w/c 28th July, 2017. *