Indigenous Kenyans were barred by law from growing tea until the dawn of independence when the legislation was repealed for the indigenous people to commence on tea growing. In 1960, the colonial government created the Special Crops Development Authority (SCDA) to promote growing of tea by Africans under the auspices of the ministry of Agriculture. After Independence , Kenya Tea Development Authority was formed through legal notice No.42 of 1964 and took over the liabilities and functions of the SCDA to promote and foster the growing of tea in small farms, which were previously said to be unviable in view of the expertise and costs required, as witnessed in the plantation sector. Since then the growing of tea by the small-scale sub-sector in Kenya has carved a niche for itself in the global tea trade. Kenya Tea Development Agency Limited was incorporated on 15th June 2000 as a private company under (CAP 486) of the laws of Kenya, becoming one of the largest private tea management agencies. The Agency currently manages 67 factories in the small-scale tea sub-sector in Kenya
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Market Research & Information, the successful candidate will be responsible for collection, collation, analysis and presentation of Sales and Marketing information for business decisions.
Business Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Data mining and processing for Sales and Marketing decisions.
- Managing and manipulate large data sets and present analysis / insight to varying audiences
- Supervising compilation of monthly and quarterly global and local sales and market reports for management information and business decisions.
- Collating global market information, analysing, interpreting, storage and circulation
- Analysing the current customer/market’s trend to determine potential for growth and risks
- Preparation of sales and price forecast for budgeting by all factories and the division.
- Identifying, recommend and use data modelling practices to analyse KTDA sales and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes
- Identifying and consider the opportunities and potential risks attached strategic and operational options chosen
- Identifying the processes and information technologies required to efficiently and effectively run marketing information systems for management decisions
Qualifications for the Business Analyst Job
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, mathematics or statistics.
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in Sales and Marketing environment
- Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to analysis
- Excellent presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Confident verbal and written communicator at all levels
- Strong presentation skills with the confidence to debate where appropriate
- Must demonstrate ability to execute assigned work with minimum supervision
- Must be a team player.
- Must demonstrate ability to multitask.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Tea Development Agency (MS) Ltd career website on www.ktdateas.com to apply