Pamoja Life is an exciting, rapidly growing company committed to providing life-saving, affordable positive impact products – including household energy – for everyone. Pamoja Life’s core products today are improved cook stoves, and solar home systems, but we intend to rapidly build this out to a wider product line which improve the lives of customers – health, time, education, financial
Responsibilities for the Credit Controller Job
- To ensure that all customer accounts are accurately and promptly maintained, ensuring the efficient release of orders to maximize sales whilst having regard to the Company liquidity.
- To effectively manage the company’s credit control policy and minimize overdue trade debtor’s balances.
- To ensure continued liquidity to meet company obligations and to ensure that all debtors’ accounts are fully reconciled at all times.
- The Credit Controller will be responsible for chasing outstanding invoices to the company and plays a vital role in the cash-flow of the organization ensuring credit given to customers is monitored and controlled effectively
- Regularly follow up all outstanding debts for specific customer accounts with the respective sales staff and report accounts problems to the Head of Finance.
- To verify facts of all sales returns before passing a credit note.
- Ensure that all supporting documentations are duly authorized and factual before processing of a credit note.
- Seek approval on credit notes and ensure that they are passed and posted on a timely basis to update stock records.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures of the credit control department.
- Maintain records of all customers in a file (invoices, credit notes, remittance slips and any manner of correspondences with the customer) and ensure that the same is filed in a system and in order for ease of traceability.
- Ensure that all documentation necessary during audit is prepared on time and forwarded to the Head of
- Finance for inclusion in the audit file.
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Regular meetings with debtors to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtness
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
- Ensure weekly and monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
- Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
- Negotiate with suppliers, e g credit information and debt collection agencies
- Protects company’s interest at credit meetings relating to insolvent customers.
- Obtain sufficient information to access the creditworthiness of new and existing customers.
- Undertake complex reconciliations and compile documents for any legal action.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Head of Finance or any other person designated by the management.
Qualifications for the Credit Controller Job
- A university degree in a business related field (Bachelor of Commerce – Finance or Accounting option), CPA – 3
- Strong attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident personality who is able to operate at all levels.
- A self-starter who is proactive and can set and achieve goals
- A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of billing and collections procedure
- Ability to work with under minimal supervision
- Good negotiating skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous work experience in credit management and sales will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Please send an email to email@example.com setting out in no more than 300 words, your interest in this role and why your experience makes you perfectly suited for it by 19th July 2017 5pm. Please also include a full CV.
On the subject of the email include the words CREDIT OFFICER together with your expected salary.
About us! Pamoja Life is a fast-growing start up with a desire to bring in high-energy, high-performing people. To thrive here, you will need a flexible mind-set, a love for innovation, and comfort with the inherent uncertainty of a fast growth start-up.
We have high expectations, however you’ll find that our dynamic culture and hard-working attitude make it worth the challenges.