Information Management and Security Manager at Guinness
Posted on: 13 July, 2017
Deadline: 26 July, 2017
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Guinness
East African Breweries Limited (EABL) is East Africa's leading branded alcohol beverage business with an outstanding collection of brands that range from beer, spirits and adult non alcoholic drinks (ANADs) reaffirming our standing as a total adult beverage (TAB) company. With breweries, distilleries, support industries and a distribution network across the region, the group's diversity is an important factor in delivering the highest quality brands to East African consumers and long-term value to East African investors. As a consumer driven business EABL takes time to study the market and understand consumer needs and wants as well as how best to satisfy them. That is why we constantly invest in innovating and renovating our brands to stay at par with dynamic consumer trends. This goes hand in hand with our Vision to be the most celebrated business in Eastern Africa.
Context/Scope of the Role:
- This Information Management & Security Manager (IM&S) role is a mid-management role within Kenya reporting to the KBL Legal Director. The job holder shall manage, develop and maintain all business records and information assets belonging to KBL, UDV, EABL and all other EABL affiliated business units as and when directed.
- This is a specialist role within the legal function performing and facilitating end to end records management, information management, information security and quality management to the total EABL business in Kenya and East Africa which includes:
- Provide thought leadership in the IM&S agenda in the business and enable and support the business meet its commercial objectives
- Implement and embed the Company IM&S policies and procedures across the business End to end Document and Records Management
- Document and information retention, retrieval and disposal, including management of all company document libraries and archives, whether external or internal Business continuity management for all company records and information operations, assets and procedures. Management and securing of all sensitive company information assets & Ensure the business remains compliant and maintains full IM&S compliance with laws and regulations Management of Corporate Governance, Statutory Compliance, Licensing and Internal Control issues Fully operate and maintain the Legal and Company Secretarial Department Registry in Kenya on a day to day basis. Act as the lead internal auditor for IM&S Risk assessment and mitigation of all IM&S threats including cyber-security and safety. Design and implement an effective IM&S training and awareness plan
3 – 5 Top Accountabilities
- Ensure the business remains compliant to all regulatory, statutory and industry standards. Monitor and advise the business on statutory compliance, regulatory and legislative issues relating to IM&S in Kenya.
- Generalist Compliance department specialising in the management and development of business management systems. Areas include: policy and procedural development, internal auditing, risk assessments, control selection and implementation, employee awareness and non-compliance & non-conformance management.
- Develop and review retention schedules and develop Information Asset Inventories across the business.
- Monitor changes in legislation and accreditation standards & liaise with external auditors and consultants as appropriate on required IM&S and compliance audits and initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- General Undergraduate Degree
- Proficiency in Information Technology Management and a great interest in developments in this field.
- Project Management Experience – evidence of rolling out complex projects in a large organisations
- Budget Management experience – proven ability to create and effectively manage department budgets
- Experience in IM&S, records management and/or archive administration
- Previous experience of developing and implementing file plans and retention schedules and working in a records management position with clear results
- Understanding of records management and relevant legislation
- Previous Audit experience
- Degree in Library Information Sciences
- Leading and Influencing and collaborative with ability to develop High Performance
- Making Effective Decisions & Delivering Value for money
- Delivering in Partnership
- Thinking with Vision – identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It includes using creative, conceptual or inductive reasoning or thought processes that are not necessarily categorized by linear thinking.
- Changing with Pace – able to creating and manage change.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GuinnessSimilar Jobs
- HR & Admin Officer at Crown Paints
- Product Line Manager at HID Global
- Brand Management Internships at Procter & Gamble
- Marketing Manager at BURN
- Personal Assistant at Sheffield
- Career Opportunities at Corporate Staffing - 5 Positions
- Management Accountant at Uplands Premium Dairies and Foods Limited
- Career Opportunities at Corporate Staffing - 2 Positions