Tala (formerly InVenture)
builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
- You will help drive all application-level aspects of the company’s SaaS operations.
- You will build, deploy, analyze, troubleshoot and scale the service wherever and whenever.
- You will collaborate closely with Engineering and Data Scientists on all architectural decisions and stay current on nascent technologies to make influential recommendations.
- You will operate very large relational and NoSQL databases, queuing systems, pub-sub servers, and other core infrastructural components.
- Tinkerer– you love to try out new tools and technologies to further improve the platform.
- Technology Toolbox– you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras.
- Leader– you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your teammates. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions.
- Solutions Driven– experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.Global Thinker – you have the passion to deploy a service that is truly global and love the chance to solve complex problems that arise from this.
- 2+ years experience in DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef/Puppet, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Splunk).
- Expert knowledge in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ElasticCache, VPC, VPN).
- Proficiency in Cloud and Application Security, and Certification (ISO-27001, SOC 1, SOC 2).
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Proficiency in Agile development process.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Tala (formerly InVenture) career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply