Standard Bank Group
is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in sub‑Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand. In doing so, we understand that our commercial success and social relevance over the long term depends on placing our clients at the centre of everything we do, and ensures that the outcomes of our activities are a catalyst for growth on this continent we call home. The long-term foreign currency ratings for The Standard Bank of South Africa, the single largest operating entity within the Standard Bank Group, are: Fitch Ratings BBB- (negative), Moody’s Baa2 (negative) and Standard & Poor’s BBB- (negative). The group is listed on the JSE Limited, share code SBK, and the Namibian Stock Exchange, share code SNB. The largest bank in the world, ICBC, is a 20.1% shareholder in the group. Other than the 20.1% ICBC shareholding, 32.9% of Standard Bank’s shareholder base is foreign. We subscribe to the Code of Banking Practice, a set of principles governing banking in South Africa and ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and fairness.
Key Responsibilities/AccountabilitiesMonitor team performance with regards to resolution of Incidents/faults
- Ensure appropriate electronic delivery channels are available to the branch network and that timely technical support is provided i.e. ATMs, Internet Banking and POS.
- Provide technical advice on new technology that is appropriate to banking services and ensure implementation of solutions that meet requirements.
- Engage relevant support partners and vendors who would support the required service delivery to customers in line with the bank’s development needs.
- Review regular reports on Applications capacity and proactive maintenance to ensure compliance with group standards at all times.
- Root cause analysis of Critical and High Application incidents and remedy of the issues.
Direct and manage staff in the IT Applications Support Unit
- Direct and manage staff in the IT Applications Support Unit, including ensuring that the bank’s performance tracking and management mechanisms are in effect.
- Develop team targets and set realistic goals for each member of staff in the IT Applications Support unit.
- Identify staff development needs and co-ordinate training for sub-ordinates. Monitor progress on staff development.
- Analyse system issues and ensure that appropriate technical support is provided in line with the Service Level Agreements that the IT department has with branches and Head Office departments.
- Accurate Inventory of Application landscape with Configuration Management Diagrams indicating the services that they support partners.
Review projects/initiatives around electronic banking channels
- Take a leading role in advising deployment of new systems in the bank.
- Ensure timely and efficient provision of technical support by third party vendors to the Bank’s, Application supported by third parties.
- Participate in project implementations by being the IT representative on projects as elected and ensure completion within budget and set timelines.
- Ensure appropriate security control is maintained in the IT department and all installed applications in the bank.
Risk assessment on processes and Procedures
- Ensure Application health in both Primary and Disaster recovery site.
- Conduct periodic reviews on installed applications to ensure compliance.
- Carry out risk assessment on processes and Procedures used by the Application Support staff and ensure risks identified are addressed in a timely manner.
- Successful BCM tests for Applications within agreed RTO and RPO.
Adherence to the bank’s Information Security standards, risk management and maintain asset inventoryCarry out risk assessment on installed Open Systems infrastructure and ensure that identified gaps are addressed timely
- Maintain an updated inventory of all Open Systems infrastructure (hardware, software etc.) including decommissioned equipment.
- Ensure Open Systems infrastructure is in good working condition and to take necessary measures to repair/fix any broken component
- Maintain adequate Information Security controls according to the Group standards. This includes (but not limited to):
- Password configurations/administration (refer to LAM policy)
- Privileged User and activities Reviews
- Logical Access Controls (communication mechanisms)
Preferred Qualification And Experience
- First Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Sciences.
- Minimum of five years’ Banking IT Applications experience required
- At least two years’ management experience
- Knowledge in Management practices, skills and concepts, administration, project control, supervisory techniques and budgeting
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of banking Application Systems that is in use by the Bank as well those available on the market in order to advise well on all technical issues.
- Certification/Active Membership of a professional organisation would be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Bank Group career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply