Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers with innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and services focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2015, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 102 (BEUR 11) and more than 43 000 employees. Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com.
- Strategic penetrations and continued relationship building to enable Atlas Copco to penetrate the rental channel
with both national and independent rental companies and increase customer share/revenue within these
- Long term objective of becoming the single-source supplier for our complete and expanding equipment, service
and support offerings.
- Develop solid business relationships with branch and key personnel at both national and independent rental
companies within assigned area.
- Assist Business Development team and Vice President of the North Region with activities towards these and other strategic accounts.
- Perform in-depth and informative reports on activities for review by management.
- Work with Product Managers and management team to offer strategic programs for opportunities.
- Utilize SAP CRM database to maintain contacts, notes, activities and quotations.
- Prepare and follow up on professional sales quotations utilizing CPQ quotation platform for all quotations.
- Coordinate and conduct product demonstrations and trainings as needed by customers.
- Introduce new products and features/benefits to customers.
- Establish and monitor pricing levels to be competitive as well as profitable.
- Research competitor activity and prepare reports for management on upcoming threats/opportunities.
- Gather market intelligence and feedback from customers for the purpose of new product development.
- Represent the core values and attitudes of Atlas Copco at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree or more than five years of related work experience.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience in Capital Equipment Sales (rental or civil construction
industries) is preferred.
Maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Must have working knowledge of computer and smart phone applications as well as Outlook and Microsoft Office applications. Experience in sales force databases is desirable.
Must be able to read English, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is required. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Working knowledge of Spanish is preferred.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and produce and interpret bar graphs is required. Has the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out English instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in various situations where only limited standardization exists is required. Has ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The following work environment characteristics are representative of what a person in this position would encounter.
- While performing the job duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to work near moving mechanical
parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions. It is the employee’s responsibility to be sure
that proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized.
- When demonstrating or working with the equipment, the noise level in the work environment can become loudwhere noise protection is required. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure proper PPE is utilized.
- The employee may occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of
electrical shock. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure proper PPE is utilized.
- This position is considered Safety Sensitive and employee is mandate to complete all required safety training.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; see (close and distance with depth perception and ability to focus), hear and talk.
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to travel extensively (usually by airplane or automobile) throughout the assigned area, US and globally as needed to coordinate activities. Approximately 60% travel is expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Atlas Copco career website on trak.baiworks.com to apply