Dorbe-Leit Consulting Limited is a consulting practice providing transformational human resource management based services. We become involved with our clients in their transformation, providing services that are value-adding and measurable in their contribution to our clients’ success. Catapulting your business to success is our purpose.
Purpose Statement of the Position
The jobholder will be responsible for working with company’s management in helping them make upper level management decisions through timely facilitation of financial information that will inform the business strategy.
Management Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Advise managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit.
- Record financial transactions for project, department or company.
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external use.
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing.
- Helps management use financial information to inform business strategy.
- Relays information from accounting department to management team.
- Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term horizons.
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost.
Maintain records and support auditing efforts.
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions
- Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials.
- Preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements.
- Undertaking financial administration and internal audits
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues
- Developing and managing financial systems/policies
- Negotiating and obtaining finance for major projects/initiatives
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure
- Creating business strategies to generate shareholder value.
Requirements for the Management Accountant Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a professional qualification in CPA (K) or its equivalent.
- At least 4 years of corporate accounting experience in a busy accounting work environment preferably with an FMCG.
- Experience in corporate finance or management accounting is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and any other Accounting packages.
Competencies and Skills required
- High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills
- Numerical acumen and analytical.
- Holding people accountable
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Team player with proven leadership skills.
- Good decision maker.
- Delegation and management skills.
- Strategic Orientation
- Business Focus
- Evaluation & Reporting
- Ethical and holds high integrity
Salary Budget: Kshs.60,000 Gross
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 20th July 2017.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Dorbe-Leit Solutions Limited career website on dorbe-leit.has-jobs.com to apply