Project Officer at Danish Refugee Council
Posted on: 14 July, 2017
Deadline: 23 July, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council
(DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
The key responsibilities of the Project Officer can be summarized as offering high caliber support to the Coordinator and the RMMS team predominantly in administrative, reporting social media functions with occasional opportunities for analysis, research and writing.
As such the RMMS Project Officer will assist the RMMS Coordinator in a wide range of activities as part of the overall strategy of the Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat, as listed below.
Project Officer Job Responsibilities
- Administrative Support: RMMS is part of DRC with rule and procedures pertaining to procurement, logistics, recruitment and administration of grants etc. The Project Officer will be the primary person in the RMMS Nairobi team responsible for handling all aspects relating to the smooth running of administrative issues both in relation to DRC regional office as well as external parties.
- Administrative areas: The range of activities and duties requiring administrative support include but are not limited to, recruitment contracts, donor agreements, and procurement of services and goods for RMMS, arranging workshops, Steering Committees, Task Force meetings, disseminating reports and assisting with payments of goods and services and accumulating necessary paperwork to fulfil DRC administrative requirements on all matters relevant to RMMS.
- Information management: The monthly collection and assembly of media reports on Mixed migration for the monthly Media listing, the locating and selection of recent publications to be listed and loaded onto the RMMS website, the selection and loading of articles, publications and headlines for the tickertape website function.
- Social Media: The handling of social media for RMMS in relation to Facebook and Twitter accounts and any further accounts RMMS adopts. The promotion and enhancement of RMMS’s social media profile and content in line with the social media strategy.
- Reporting: As and when required to support fully RMMS and the Senior Project Officer with donor reporting as well as any assistance with reporting to HQ etc.
- Writing and analysis: To enhance the content of the website through regular updating of the Country Profiles and other elements and needed such as the keeping of minutes at meetings and the reportage at workshops as and when needed. Assistance with researching and writing other reports, studies and features as defined by the RMMS team and in particular the RMMS coordinator and senior project officer.
- Advocacy: Assist with advocacy, promotion of regional dialogue, networking and coordination by assisting the RMMS to facilitate and coordinate consultation/technical working workshops and conferences/meetings, and to assist in the identification of areas for research or tools development;
Qualifications for the Project Officer Job
- University degree.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in similar positions involving administrative functions, information management, research, and social media / communications;
- An active knowledge of the region and the socio-economic and political dynamics affecting it;
- Some human rights/protection knowledge and international refugee law and/or proven interest and/or track record in the humanitarian agenda;
- Having some understanding and interest in the regional mixed migration dynamic in the Horn of Africa and Yemen;
- Good IT command and close familiarity with the maintenance and management of template-style websites (but IT specialization is not required);
- Strong writing skills in English is essential;
- The successful candidate will have the ability to perform a series of tasks requiring the application of specialized and general skills;
- He/she must be comfortable working against set objectives with a high degree of autonomy when required and able to act with initiative;
- Although this is essentially a non-representational position, the RMMS Project Officer will be required on occasion to represent the Secretariat in meetings and in the absence of the Coordinator;
- The RMMS will be a small team and it is essential that candidates thrive in conditions of transparency and active team work;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council career website on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Danish Refugee CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Terre des hommes Foundation
- Logistic Officer at Center for Victims of Torture
- Legal Admin Assistant at One Acre Fund
- Grants Manager at Conservation International
- Finance Assistant at The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Budget & Finance Officer at World Health Organization
- Maisha Production Officer at Heshima Kenya
- Career Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services