Programme Support Intern at International Organization for Migration
Posted on: 14 July, 2017
Deadline: 26 July, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Organization for Mi
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
Programme Support Internships Responsibilities
- Monitor development of DDR/CVE/PVE issues, and contribute to the development of thematic reports and policies.
- Contribute to data collection and analysis; conduct research on relevant assigned topics; draft and/or contribute to the information sheets, presentations, training curricula and materials and thematic guidance notes on stabilization, CVE, PVE, and other relevant topics.
- Assist in drafting concept notes and proposals for potential donors and funding opportunities such as the European Union, African Development Bank, Common Humanitarian Fund, Central Emergency Respond Fund, and bilateral donors in IOM’s areas of interest.
- Assist in identifying potential and realistic funding opportunities by collecting donor information, liaising with potential donors, and attending coordination meetings.
- Assist with editing and reviewing initial draft reports and other written materials from programme and public information units, coordinating inputs for submission with programme units and liaising with regional office to receive submission approval.
- Assist in coordination with the public information unit to produce visibility materials for publicity to appeal to donors for resource mobilization (provision of content, editing).
- Assist with providing and coordinating inputs for information requests from Headquarters, the Regional Office, other IOM missions and external partners, such as donors, partner agencies, implementing partners, etc.
- Assist in reviewing monitoring and evaluation tools and provide support in data entry and management.
- Support the facilitation of project inception and progress review meetings.
- Update project tracking database.
- Assist in general administrative tasks.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Project Development Officer or colleagues from the DDR Unit.
Qualifications for the Programme Support Internships
- University degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, International Development, Social Sciences, or a related field. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Experience and familiarity with conflict mitigation, extremism, peacebuilding, and post-conflict interventions.
- Work experience in technical writing, editing, and reporting.
- Advanced research, writing, outreach and communications skills.
- Experience in donor relations and report writing for relevant donors is an advantage.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation concepts and methods.
- Strong technical writing skills in English.
- Languages – Fluency in English, working knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No) and Vacancy Name with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com Closing Date: 26 July 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Organization for Migration (IOM)Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Job Vacancy at Concern Worldwide
- Internship at ACTED
- Procurement Assistant at UN World Food Programme WFP
- Software Developer at The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
- Interns at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) - 2 Positions
- Job Opening at International Potato Center
- Director at Palladium