If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
Important Notes: Please carefully follow the application instructions at the end of this document. Watervale Investments will never ask applicants for payment as part of the application process.
About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry.
Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans.
We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position: Our supply chain is at the core of our business, bringing materials from around the world which are ultimately crafted into locally-made furniture adorning homes across Kenya.
This role will ensure key materials are guided through the procurement and import process while continually optimizing our supply chain.
The ideal Senior Officer, Supply Chain will be keen to coordinate with teams and individuals across the company and support critical decision-making about what and when to source.
An individual with a high level of attention to detail who is motivated by coordinating complex processes and finding efficiencies would be a strong fit for this role.
- Manage Procurement & Import Processes
- Maintain and build relationships with key suppliers
- Coordinate with suppliers and agents to efficiently move goods from purchase to landing
- Reduce risk by reviewing critical documents and preventing errors and delays
- Manage & Optimize Materials Pipeline
- Coordinate with Directors and key decision-makers within the company to plan for an uninterrupted pipeline of materials critical to our core business
- Support materials consumption forecasting based on production targets, usage and sales
- Research and evaluate new suppliers for key materials
- Support New Product Development
- Serve as the link between internal product development functions with overseas suppliers
- Contribute to product development process by evaluating quality of supply from contract manufacturers
- Collect cost, quality and other relevant information and contribute to product development decision-making
At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles.
We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply.
Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication in English to coordinate with both foreign suppliers and a variety of local team members
- Track record of building strong professional relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Eagerness to join a quickly-growing organization and team
Benefits: Competitive salary, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s international directors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Watervale Investments career website on docs.google.com to apply