If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The name HCS Africa
is derived from carefully selected words: ‘Human’, referring to our people-oriented approach, ‘Capital’, referring to our commitment of increase in profit, and ‘Synergies’, referring to the collaborative nature of our organization. Therefore our service provisions and methodologies are wholly centered on adding value to your most important source of profit – Human Resource – and anything else in line with your business priorities which require the synergy of our partnering stakeholders.
Purpose: The role of the F&B manager entails creativity, particularly in Food and Beverage Service and Restaurant development. And combines planning, shift pattern organization and day-to-day management activities.
It includes the Supervision, development and performance management of Restaurant Staff. In addition, the manager oversees the daily inventory, Sales Analysis, profit optimization and ensuring that customers are satisfied with their dining experience.
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Hotel Management
- F&B Service and at least 4yrs experience in 3 Star Hotel or Upmarket Restaurant with a Bar and Banqueting Facilities.
Offer: Up to Kshs: 100,000.00 plus benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage and oversee the efficient operation of shifts in the Restaurant, take away unit and bar.
- To ensure that restaurants operate efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and character.
- To coordinate a variety of activities within the restaurant operation.
- To take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service and health and safety.
- To proactively promote and exceed agreed KPI’s.
- To efficiently administer and action the daily Covers, customer report lists, staff rotas, holiday forms and other paper work that is required to ensure accurate reports are accessible.
- To be actively involved in Restaurant staff related issues and to handle them in a professional manner.
- To assist the Directors in identifying recruitment needs
- To prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales control and analysis.
- To prepare Linen Schedule for discussion with Directors and plan and coordinate menus.
- To coordinate the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- To manage staff and provide them with feedback.
Service and product Quality:
- To ensure that all customers are welcomed at the door and seated quickly in a courteous, polite and helpful manner and address all customers in the correct manner with the correct title and attend to customers’ requirements promptly
- To respond to customer complaints and escalate matters beyond their control to the Directors.
- To meet and greet customers, organize table reservations and advise customers on menu and wine choice.
- To maintain ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- In conjunction with Head Chef, to take responsibility on quality food preparation.
- To ensure consistent high quality of food service.
- To maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- To ensure positive customer service in all areas. To respond to complaints, taking any appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied customers into return customers
- To investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service and report to the Directors.
Restaurant operations and procedures:
- To be fully conversant with the restaurant, coffee shop and take away operation and to efficiently manage the operation of all shifts.
- To understand the opening and closing of tables, preparing of bills for cash and credit payment, moving tables and splitting tables.
- To supervise Bar stock levels.
- To help in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- To control costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste, ensuring high quality of preparation.
- To ensure conformity to all legal requirements governing food sale/ charges.
- To ensure adherence to portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- To manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and hygiene
- To provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- To take a keen interest in the current business situation and to bring in sound ideas to increase profit, decrease spending u, up selling orders and maximizing customers spend where possible.
- To ensure that all employees adhere to the company’s uniform standards.
- To organize and supervise the shifts at waiting station.
- To plan and adjust menus by consulting with Directors; estimate food costs and expected profits.
Communication, Marketing and Public Relations:
- To effectively communicate with the other departmental Supervisors
- To communicate with Head Chef on particular customer’s requirements and maintain a close and professional working relationship with the kitchen at all times
- To communicate on a daily basis important events to all employees.
- To take responsibility for the service performance of the restaurant.
- To analyze and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- To publicize the restaurant by upselling theme nights, special occasion and special upcoming menus.
Training and development:
- To get involved in all departmental induction training and on the job training of new members of staff and also newly promoted staff.
- To understand the need for training and development of all individuals and to take a proactive approach in training employees on their responsibilities regarding fire safety, health and safety and food hygiene.
- To ensure that all staff in the service department have thorough product knowledge, offer the highest level of customer service and are brand ambassadors for the Hotel.
- To maintain high standards of quality service, hygiene and health and safety.
- To enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, national and county laws and ordinances.
- To ensure a safe working and customer environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Keeps Directors fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) in a timely manner and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Mooreland’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Method of Application
If you meet the minimum qualifications, send your application quoting the job title (Food & Beverage manager) on the subject line to email@example.com