AIC Cure hospital is faith based orthopaedic hospital that is situated along scenic rift valley escarpement 65 kilometers from Nairobi. The Main hospital is located at Kijabe Mission Station off Nairobi – Naivasha Road and a private clinic is located in the Westlands Nairobi Mayfair building on the 4th floor, Westlands Nairobi. The hospital theatre performs over 4500 specialized orthopaedic and trauma surgeries per year. AIC CURE hospital is also a regional training centre for orthopaedics in Africa.
Purpose of the job: To provide administrative and research support to the medical director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Medical Director, Residency Director and other consultant doctors with administrative duties
- Develop and manage a filing and storage system for legal and licensing documents of the MSD, as well as keep these documents up-to-date
- Develop and manage a filing and storage system for data generated by the MSD
- Support the Research and Development Committee by keeping minutes and data, as well as function as a research assistant for specific clinical and operational research projects
- Coordinate scheduling and hospitality responsibilities for MSD visitors and residents with the Human Resource manager
- Assist the consultant doctors in implementing short training courses such as training workshops
- Attend some meetings in a delegated capacity by the Medical Director or a consultant doctor
- Assist in bringing harmony to communication among clinical departments
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
- Diploma in Nursing
- Computer certificate
- One-year experience as an Administrative assistant
- Masterly of English and Kiswahili – good verbal and written communication
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Ability to handle or process confidential documents or material in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Computer literacy – especially data literacy such as Microsoft excel and other databases
- Demonstrates personal initiative (self-driven) and leadership ability
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their C.V and cover letter to email@example.com by 26th July 2017 C.O.B.