If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life.
We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture.
Position Summary: The Logistic Officer will provide logistical support to CVT’s program and to ensure all logistical related issues are implemented in line with CVT’s organizational strategies and ensure that the project timeline is respected and that indicator targets are achieved by being responsible for the Logistics Operations in Nairobi and Supporting the CVT Offices in Dadaab and Kakuma.
Position: Logistic Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Country Director
Essential functions include [but are not limited to]:
- Develop compliance strategies to ensure logistics operations are effectively managed as per the International best practices principles and CVT donor regulations.
- Provide mechanisms for timely execution of procurement requests and supply delivery of client request for the Nairobi program and those of field operations
- Maintenance of CVT equipment and CVT building facilities to operational levels.
- Organize and provide effective mechanisms for transportation of supplies and staff to field locations.
- Management of CVT fleet of vehicles ensuring they are serviceable and are operated in compliance with Kenya Road Traffic rules.
- Supervise drivers, store officers and delegated supply and logistics staff
- Ensure effective management of program inventories and their accountability to points of delivery.
- Assist the CD in providing guidelines for CVT Staff and Equipment Security and Safety Management.
- Follow up with frameworks contracts to ensure vendor meet their contractual obligations
- Provide IT support trouble shooting for staff electronic equipment
- Provide capacity building training and support to staff for the field operations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics
- Member of a Supply Chain Professional body, CIPS, KISM
- Experience working for an International Organization with US funded grants , preferably BPRM/USAID
- Working experience of 5 years and above in the same position or similar in the areas of supply chain management, procurement, logistics, inventory, fleet management.
- Staff management skills, budgeting skills
- Past experience in security and safety operational protocols with INGOs
- Experience in Information Technology / trouble shooting problems with computers, update of softwares
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of your application should be ‘Logistic Officer - Nairobi’ Closing Date: 7th August 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.