Georgetown University, founded in 1789 in Washington DC in the USA, is a Jesuit university committed to both teaching and research at the highest levels. Consistent with these traditions and its commitment to global development, the university established the Georgetown University Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation, gui2de, which conducts empirical field-based research to assess the impact and effectiveness of interventions and policies aimed at empowering individuals to improve their lives.
The Field Officer will be based in various locations across the country where Zusha! road safety program activities are conducted. He/she will work closely with the Senior Project Assistant and other project staff.
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Prompt arrival to work
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
- Interact with stakeholders with the highest level of integrity and understanding
- Respond to queries from supervisors and implementation partners
- Ensure enough supply of stickers at their respective stations at all times
- Collect highest quality data in accordance to existing Zusha! protocols and guidance from the supervisors
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
- Ensure compilation and submission of project progress reports in a timely manner
- Ensure stickers are affixed appropriately in PSVs
- Networking with the different components of the project and reporting appropriately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Prior experience with data collection
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects
- Willingness to travel within the regions we are working in
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (mandatory)
- College diploma in project management, sociology, and other social sciences
- Past experience in data collection
- Past experience in field work
- Experience with pilot studies, especially related to improving data collection tools
Method of Application
To apply: Please send a cover letter and detailed CV, 2 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address.
Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience and languages spoken fluently to this email gui2deEA@georgetown.edu
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Enumerator. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that gui²de will never request any form of payment from an applicant.