Duties and responsibilities include:
· Lead in the implementation of cash based intervention project.
· Head of the Livelihood Sector in LWF-Dadaab.
· Carry out participatory needs assessments and identify appropriate livelihood interventions to increase incomes for the Refugee population and the local community and reduce poverty in the target areas.
· Life skills training and strengthening of small scale businesses to establish trend across clients (groups) and camps in order to develop best practices.
· Assist Project Coordinator and project partners to establish close coordination and cooperation with distinct line agencies and authorities, between local project partners, communities, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders at project level for effective delivery of project activities and policy influence at local level
· Design, develop and provide necessary training for target communities to develop skills and capacities for disaster resilient livelihood strategies and viable options for income.
· Organize and coordinate livelihood related stakeholders meetings/ workshops/ forums to enable the active, free and meaningful participation of project beneficiaries in the design and implementation of project activities within the refugee camps and host community.
· Participate and lead the livelihood team in, monthly and quarterly report writing and participation in write shops.
· Fund raising through concept note and proposal development for Livelihoods sector interventions for both refugee and host community setting.
· Prepare and conduct community sensitization forums/meetings with community leaders and beneficiaries in the refugee and host community set up.
· Support the HR team in the recruitment of community staff for the livelihoods sector.
· Closely liaise and work with sister sectors of community service and education for coordination and collaboration.
· To work closely with Livelihoods Assistants and supervise their activities in realizing timely planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities.
· To participate in regular monitoring of the projects, to determine progress and emerging issues, through planned visits.
Skills & Qualifications
· Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Community Development or any other development related fields.
· Minimum 2 years working experience with INGOs in the field of sustainable livelihoods and income generating projects in a refugee/IDP setting.
· Knowledge of the key issues and trends in food security and livelihoods intervention.
· A keen understanding of business and development issues including skills or training in basic book keeping or administration is crucial to this position.
· Prior experience working with local governments and stakeholders in implementation of projects
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Working knowledge of MS Office and other relevant computer applications,
· Able to adapt to changing program priorities and emergency priorities that may arise.
· Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities.
· Hands-on community mobilization skills.
· Experience in a refugee setting and knowledge of refugee issues.
At least 3 years of progressive experience in development or humanitarian program.
· Experience working with communities on Livelihoods or Income Generating Activities will be an added advantage.
· Knowledge of the Minimum Standards related to Economic Recovery, particularly MERS will be an added advantage.
· Strong analytical, and documentation skills in project management.
· Experience in proposal and report writing.
· High level of integrity, commitments and professional responsibility.
· Strong inter-personal and team building skills.
· Ability to tolerate cultural, education and religious diversity in the work place.
· Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF World Service is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Applications should reach the undersigned by close of business on 9th August 2017 and must include full contact details of 3 referees.
The Human Resource Manager, Lutheran World Federation Kenya-Djibouti, Email: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.