IT / Admin Intern at PowerGen Renewable Energy
Posted on: 24 July, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen provides turnkey energy solutions to residential, community, commercial, and industrial customers in East Africa and beyond. Founded in 2011 our focus is on providing robust photo-voltaic and wind systems for off-grid demands. PowerGen offers a range of products and services that enable customers in a variety of markets to take advantage of the renewable energy resources around them. From a small home wind turbine system to an industrial-scale solar PV array, we offer a one-stop solution to energy challenges.
Job Description: The IT/Admin Intern will play an important role across all divisions and teams ensuring PowerGen IT equipment is properly tracked, updated, stored and cared for, and will act as front-line for the Karen Office for all visitors and office administration.
You will report to and be part of the People Operations Team and support all teams across the company with IT-related issues.
What You’ll Make Happen
Below is a list – which is by no means exhaustive – of performance objectives to be accomplished.
- Track, respond to and resolve all submitted IT tickets in Karen, Workshop and Arusha, TZ (as needed)
- Improve existing ticketing system for all IT issues across the company
- Prepare and manage schedule for regular maintenance on all PowerGen computers and equipment
- Track computer and technical inventory as well as software items and usage
- Research technical equipment vendors as needed, providing quotes and recommendation
- Support technical inventory PO process and vendor orders
- Responsible for setup of new laptops upon procurement and receipt
- Manage software licenses, such as Microsoft and AutoCAD
- Schedule external IT assistance as needed, following proper quotation and budget procedures
- Act as contact for technical vendors (including JTL) resolving issues
- Identify, justify, and implement new IT initiatives to improve employee experience across the company
- Act as reception for all visitors entering office
- Answer office phone, properly routing calls as needed
- Order lunch daily for Karen office team members
- Manage Karen Office stock take for office and kitchen supplies; repurchase monthly or as needed
- Liaise with external parties/contractors requested for fixes (e.g. plumbing, electricity, construction)
- Work with People Operations to manage content on Workshop message board
- Provide additional support on projects and internal requests as needed
What Excites You
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged.
- Passion and mindset for problem solving
- Contributing to rural electrification in East Africa.
- Delivering results!
- A passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
What You Already Have
- Minimum education: Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant field
- 1 – 2 years’ relevant internship or work experience in East Africa
- Experience in handling technical or IT computer tickets
- Experience in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn quickly
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Practiced flexibility to lend a hand wherever needed
- Enthusiasm for working in the field of renewable energy!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PowerGen Renewable Energy career website on www.ikrut.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PowerGen Renewable EnergySimilar Jobs
- Energy Channel Manager at Schneider Electric
- Senior Business Developer at Enel Green Power
- Business Development Manager at BioLite
- Job Opportunities at Greenlight Planet - 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Schneider Electric
- Project Finance Associate at PowerGen Renewable Energy
- IT / Admin Intern at PowerGen Renewable Energy