If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Save the Children
Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
As a member of the ESA Regional Finance Leadership team, the Finance & Administration Manager (F&AM) shares in the overall responsibility for the strategic financial direction and coordination of the ESA Regional and Sub Offices. The Finance & Administration Manager in his / her capacity will be accountable for overseeing the RO Finance and overall support services functions of the ESA Regional and Sub offices - in both leadership and strategic contexts and considered to be a key Business Partner for the RO Senior Leadership Team (SLT). F&AM will be accountable for Regional Office Financial management, control and compliance functions and providing strategic leadership to RO Projects, IT, logistics and Administration functions.
RO projects will range from strategic finance initiatives that simplify policies, processes and systems to specific operational finance improvements. Projects will not be limited to strictly to the domain of finance and will involve other systems that have control, compliance and reporting implications.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Location: Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office - Nairobi
Qualifications and Experience
- Accounting, commence or business administration degree from a leading university, and relevant professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA). Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems.
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff.
- Strong project and change management skills.
- Good understanding of Kenyan Tax and Statutory Compliance requirements.
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems like SUN systems, Agresso, PeopleSoft etc…
- At least 7 years of Financial management and Administration experience in complex organization.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of change and quick turnaround times, whilst delivering to the highest standards.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail; planning, management and coordination skills.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment.
- Personal circumstances and commitment to travel to all country offices in the region; 10% - 15% travel expected in the role.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save the Children career website on savethechildren.taleo.net to apply