Instructor/Coach at Beacon Of Hope
Posted on: 25 July, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Beacon of Hope Vocational Trainin
Beacon Of Hope- is a registered Faith based and community non-governmental Organisation
Contract / Permanent: 2-month contract
The FSS program is an intensive 6-week course which focuses on a combination of technical, behavioral and mindset skills required to be successful in a financial sales environment.
The Instructor will report to the Principal and will work in collaboration with training assistants and Generation Program Kenya staff.
Instructor/Coach Job Responsibilities
Delivery of Skills-based Training
- Participate in an intensive 5-day training of trainers workshop on Financial Services Sales training delivery
- Commit 100% to the Generation program which runs from 8am to 4pm daily for 6-week periods
- Follow the overarching structure and flow of the Generation curriculum, including behavioral skills, mindsets, technical, and employment essentials sessions.
- Prepare and personalize Generation sessions by reviewing curriculum materials, creating annotated session plans, and integrating stories or examples to increase participant learning.
- Deliver instruction that is rigorous, relevant, and appropriate for adult learners.
- Engage participants in active thinking and participatory learning using effective facilitation techniques.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Adapt his / her communication style to reflect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants.
- Differentiate instruction to meet individual learning needs and accommodate different learning styles.
- Provide in-the-moment feedback to Generation participants to clarify misunderstandings and/or encourage critical thinking.
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback to participants through session and weekly assessments.
- Collaborate with Generations’ Quality Coordinator and commit to act on any feedback based on achieving the required quality standard of the program
- Mobilize targeted youth using Generation-specific promotional and communications strategies which include but are not limited to mapping areas in the community frequented by targeted youth, scheduling and conducting meetings with key stakeholders including community leaders to establish relationships and guidance to reaching targeted youth and distribution of flyers to faith based and youth serving organizations in the communities.
- Screening candidates and preparing them to attend to the training
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking student attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Input data using Generation’s technology platform (online tools and materials e.g. attendance tracker and demographic file)
- Serve as the primary point of contact between Generation participants, program coordinators, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Generation’s Data Coordinator and commit to acting on any feedback that intends to increase data completion to Generation’s global standards
- Any other administrative duties required to ensure successful operations of the program.
- Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment.
- Work with program mentor and Generation staff to identify and mitigate potential risks to participant success and achievement of their goals.
- Motivate and support participants to persevere through challenges and continue on their journey of professional and personal growth.
Qualifications for the Instructor/Coach Job
- University degree holders in Business/Commerce with a major in Marketing
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- At least 2 years’ experience in sales (with preference given to those who have experience in selling financial products and services).
- At least one experience delivering training (e.g. new hire on-boarding, on-the-job training, formal classroom instruction, coaching or mentoring).
- Previous experience in coaching, training or instructional delivery is an added advantage
- Experience teaching and/or working closely with disadvantaged young adults between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Motivational Fit. Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed youth.
- Professionalism. This includes but not limited to adherence to a professional dress code, communications and engagement with supervisors, colleagues and students and pays close attention to detail
- Effective Communication. Excellent oral and written presentation skills in English – the language of instruction for all Generation trainings
- Data Management. The ability to collect and analyse training data as required by Generation Programs
- An openness to frequent feedback from students and the program team.
- Commitment to Feedback and Growth. Be self-reflective, openly receive feedback on his / her performance and should be able to apply feedback and pursue additional learning to improve his / her performance.
- Solutions and Results Oriented. A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence.
- Strong cross-cultural skills that demonstrate the ability to engage well with students.
- The ability to be a team player
- Individuals who are proactive and demonstrates great multi-tasking skills
Method of Application
All interested applicants to please send their cvs to email@example.com .The position is opened until filled.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Beacon of Hope Vocational Training CollegeSimilar Jobs
- Regional Youth Advisor at Save the Children
- Job Vacancy at Integrity Global
- Replication Manager at Village Enterprise
- Job Vacancy at Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Germany
- HR Role at Action Against Hunger
- Senior Field Coordinator at International Rescue Committee
- Job Opportunities at IDEO.org - 3 Positions
- Policy and Partnerships Director at Bridge International Academies