If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Dodore Kenya Ltd. is contracted by M-TIBA with the role of health care provider management which involves engaging, contracting, training and follow-up with healthcare facilities in the M-TIBA network. M-TIBA is a service on your mobile phone that allows anyone to send, save and spend funds specifically for medical treatment. Money stored in M-TIBA can only be used to pay for treatment and medication at partner clinics and hospitals.
Project Lead: Reporting to the R& I program managers, the project lead will be responsible for advising the departments on most appropriate research methodologies and instruments to use. Will support other project leads in carrying out research related projects and supervising project coordinators and the project support staff in the research components of the projects.
Project Leader Position Job Duties:
Project Planning Implementation and Evaluation
- Drafting concepts for new projects.
- Writing of proposals to potential new clients or funds.
- Development of research and data-collection instruments
- Track project progress and correct any deviations and delays.
- Maintain documentations of project problems and their resolutions for reference purposes.
- Develop new methodologies to improve quality and productivity of project deliverables.
- Develop and review plans to achieve research objectives.
- Analyze or supervise the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Writing of reports to the client
- Support the Program Managers in the management and monitoring of Research related projects.
- Assist the Program managers in drafting, reviewing and scrutinizing project documents, and unit reports reaching for quality, accuracy and /or compliance with project objectives, existing policies and systems.
Finance and Operations
- Supervise operations staff to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Work with the managers in determining research budgets and schedules.
- Ensure that projects are executed within allotted timelines and budgets.
- Pro-actively inform and update the manager of the project progress and challenges
- Establish good working relationships with all stakeholders involved
- Act pro-actively to keep projects from stalling and delaying.
- Analyze operational problems and implement corrective actions.
- Resolve any problems related to quality and compliance promptly.
- Work with other Project leaders in drafting of standard operating procedures for projects and experiments.
- Assist in work performance assessments as well as the recommendation of promotions, disciplinary action and termination of project coordinators and project support staff.
- Identify new business opportunities and innovative ideas for future development of the department
- MA degree in any of the following: Education, Sociology, Economics, Statistics, Anthropology, Psychology, Developmental Studies or MSc in Public Health.
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in a research setting
- Ample experience in writing concepts and proposals.
- Ample experience in setting up a research project from concept and identification of objectives to data analysis and report writing stage.
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as STATA, SPSS or NVivo
- Experience conducting field research preferably in education, WASH & Agriculture and managing a research team
- Excellent oral and demonstrated written communication in English
- Proven experience in managing and supervising teams on the ground, both motivating and mentoring as well as monitoring.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Open, flexible and pro-active attitude.
Gross Salary: 70,000- 90,000 Ksh/month
- This gross salary is dependent on one’s level of expertise.
- The gross salary is subject to statutory deductions i.e. (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF)
Method of Application
In order to apply for this job strictly send your customized cover letter and CV as one attachment to email@example.com i.e. convert both cover letter and CV to PDF and merge to one PDF file.
The detailed CV should have referees who can be contacted to attest on the applicant’s suitability for the position.
The cover letter should be customized and explain in detail why you want this job and why you are the best candidate for this job.
Deadline: 9 th August 2017 COB. Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will be planned in the week of August 21 st . Starting date ASAP.