If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
is an international citizen-sector organization whose mission is to build an Everyone a Changemaker World™ . An Everyone a Changemaker World™ is one that responds quickly and effectively to social challenges, and where each individual has the freedom, confidence and societal support to address any social problem and self identify as a driver of change. Ashoka is the world's leading community of over 3000 social entrepreneurs. We champion the most important new social change ideas and support the innovators behind them by helping them get started, grow, collaborate and reshape whole systems.
We are seeking to add to our team a versatile and innovative person in fundraising. This is a full-time position based at our Nairobi office. Candidate will work with department teams to develop a clear understanding of each program and might entail getting involved in various activities. This position will require one to liaison with corporate organizations, companies, arms of government and donor funding bodies. Ability to handle partnership communication is key. Candidate will be required to set monthly fundraising targets; long and short term goals. After 6 months, the volunteer will be considered for a formal employment.
- Estimated hours required per week: 40
- The estimated duration of the project is: 3-6 months
- This position is On-site in Nairobi Kenya
- The office can provide amenities to volunteers such as: Internet, Local travel expenses, Office space
Desired Skills And Experience
- Track record of securing funding for charitable activities.
- Experience in grant writing & fundraising, not less than 2 years
- A strong portfolio of communication and awareness-raising materials.
- Strong command of English; spoken and written
- Passionate about social impact
- Able to articulate self well and strongly
- Creative and willing to try out new things/pathways
- Willing to settle into a small organization and grow
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ashoka career website on www.tfaforms.com to apply