If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
is an international NGO working Kenya and Uganda. We aim to provide opportunities to refugees living in urban areas in Kenya and Uganda who are otherwise excluded from the means to live a fulfilled and dignified existence so that they will be able to take back control of their lives and make a positive change whether to their new communities or to their country of origin.
Job Description and Expectations
Xavier Project is partnering with UNHCR to provide access to education to over 2000 refugees in Nairobi and its environs, Nakuru and Mombasa Counties.
Through this partnership, we hope to provide access to education to over 200students through the secondary school sponsorship program.
The Assistant Education Officer will play a key role in selection of beneficiary students, school monitoring, record keeping and other responsibilities pertaining to this role.
Xavier Project is looking for an assistant Education Officer who will:
- Assist in conducting School and home monitoring visits for students supported under the secondary school sponsorship program
- Assist in organizing student events such as Youth camps, Education days and parents meeting among others.
- Assist in writing status update reports for secondary students and monthly reports.
- Assist to recruit and conduct interviews during the scholarship recruitment process.
- Assist in the data management of supported students
- Preform any other duty as required.
- The Assistant Education Officer will work closely with the Secondary Education Officer and Education Specialist to develop good working practice.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in education or other relevant fields
- At least 1 year working in child related environment; especially youth from diverse backgrounds
- Good understanding of the Kenyan education sector.
- Excellent Communication skills in English (both written and oral)
- Ability to use Ms Office
- Ability to work perceptively with refugee or marginalized communities.
- Ability to conduct monitoring and evaluation
- Competent in Kiswahili
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work with people from different back grounds
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills
- Good organization skills
Method of Application
Candidates interested in applying for this job should send their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th August 2017.
Applicants are urged to apply as soon as they can and not wait until the deadline if possible.
The covering letter should be no more than one side of A4 and should describe the suitability of the candidate for the job as well as including reasons why working for Xavier Project interests them.
Candidates should use email title KENYA ASSISTANT EDUCATION OFFICER.
Please also include the names and contact details of two referees.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.