Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith based organization dedicated to promoting access to quality health care through health service delivery, health systems strengthening, community systems support and partnerships.
Program Summary: The MNCH &FP programme officer will provide overall MNCH & FP technical leadership to the AFYA Jijini Cluster three.
The purpose is to improve the health outcomes under the sub purpose 2, of the Jijini project i.e. maternal, newborn, child, and reproductive health and family planning), strengthening of the public and selected private sector facilities to deliver these services and by creating demand for high quality services.
S/he will provide oversight of the project MNCH & FP interventions to ensure enhanced service delivery and quality within targeted project sites.
The PO MNCH &FP will work in close collaboration with Ministry of Health counterparts to support capacity building efforts through the project sites, ensure implementation, documentation and dissemination of evidence-based MNCH/FP practices.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide capacity building to County and selected private health facilities to improve MNCH & FP service delivery.
- Collaborate with monitoring and evaluation staff and colleagues to ensure effective data capture and use for decision making.
- Provide technical and logistic support to the county within the cluster, DHMTS and health facilities to support integration of MNCH, FP into HIV, TB and Malaria interventions.
- Support high volume maternities to offer quality EMONC/BMONC and FP services through on job training, mentorship and CMEs in his/her cluster
- Establish/ Strengthen the sub-county and facility level MPDSR committee and ensure all maternal deaths and near misses including cases of obstetrics fistulas, emergency hysterectomies due to PPH from labor complications etc. have been documented and audited within 24-48 hrs with an improvement plan
- In collaboration with CHVs, Utilize the MPDSR data (including a rapid baseline survey) identify MPDSR hotspots within the informal settlements to aggressively implement c-MNCH with focus on reducing perinatal mortality in the said hotspots
- In collaboration with the technical leads, identify key challenges and opportunities for the integration of MNCH, RH, and FP.
- During day-to-day interactions with county teams and health facilities, continually help to identify specific constraints and issues impeding progress in achieving desired health outcomes related to MNCH, RH, and FP and seek solutions.
- Collaboratively work with the Cluster Lead, potential partners (community, faith-based, government, private sector) to facilitate quality implementation and reporting of MNCH, RH and FP.
- Organize and provide technical and logistic support for MCH, RH, and FP trainings to county facilities HCWs to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of MNCH, RH and FP interventions.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with sub county HMTs MNCH leadership in the selected private facilities.
- Mentor and coach the SBAs, Preceptors, trainers in provision of quality MNCH services: assess their competency levels, identifies areas that need improvement and develop personalized action plans as necessary.
Education / Experience Requirements
- MBchB or BSC in Nursing and Midwife: MPH is an added advantage.
- 5 years of experience in MNCH and FP/RH services in a technical capacity.
- Experience in training, mentorship and supervision of health care workers on RMNCH, FP, RH program areas
- Technical expertise in several components of integrated MNCH/FP, quality assurance, and other selected services.
- Demonstrated capacity to oversee development of work plans and report writing.
- Knowledge of Benin health system and indicators.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French, and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with other donors and project partners.
- Computer capabilities including Microsoft Word, Excel, PPP, among others.
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications and qualities described above and you wish to join a highly motivated CHAK team at AFYA Jijini, please send your letter of application, curriculum vitae and certificates to the address indicated below, specifying the position you are applying for Programme Officer - MNCH and a list of three references by 14th of August 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or addressed to: The General Secretary, Christian Health Association of Kenya, P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO,